Lowering Front With Torsion Bars

I lowered my rear with the 2" shackles, for some reason, it only dropped it 1 3/4", anyway, I just wanted the truck a little lower in the front and I dropped it 3/4 of an inch with the torsion bars. It came out just the way I wanted it. I took it for a front end alignment and he said it was almost perfect just the way it was, so we skipped the alignment. I do have a tip for you though. I removed the u shaped bracket that holds the rear bump stop and just bolted the bump stop to frame. You will see, it's made to do it. It was a little bouncy in the rear and this took care of that problem. I didn't do anything to the front bump stop and haven't noticed any problems. If it does feel bouncy in the front, just cut a nub on the stop. I was very happy with the looks and ride after I was all done. Good luck with your SS. :D

I dropped mine the same way you are thinking of doing this.

Now, I am raising the torsion bars back to stock and putting belltech 2508 drop spindles on the front.

I love the look, but the sloppy feel in the front end has to go.

My point...do your homewrok on this one. There is plenty to read. Jonmalibuss has a very good write up in this forum on this very topic that will open your eyes.

Archived