Team RF 12 Box Specs?

Well, I finally got my sub that ive always wanted and started to build a box for it in my SSS...I was goin to split the backseat and make the box a console but now my plans have changed...I will be getting a 02 yukon now....Long story.....

I am kinda rethinkin my box now because I obviously have more space now and I want it to be as loud as possible....I was thinkin somewhere around 3.5cft with a slot port thats, liiiiike, 13x2x13??? Im not sure....Can I get some help from the audio genuises in here? Ill have pics of this beast ASAP....

Please list this info on your subwoofer please:

The sub's resonant frequency (fs) (should be in Hz) =

Qes =

Once you post that, I can tell you the desired volume the enclosure should be. The port area will most likely be larger than what you posted and I would suggest the tuning frequency of the enclosure to be a little higher than what you posted. Yours comes in like 32-33Hz. I would shoot a little higher. You didn't say if you were going to use a side of the enclosure as one side of the port either. That makes a difference.

Is there any way I can get the specs (Theile Small) parameters for that woofer?

Completely forgot about the important stuff....I tried to look up specs but I couldnt find anything on it....When he sent me the sub he sent me all the info....so just ask....

fs=45hz

Qes=.23

The rms on this thing is 2k....I will either be using two Kicker kx1200s or one Orion 2500 or one Fosgate t2k....I already have one kx1200 but I dont like the fact that one sub is runnin off of two amps....so Im thinkin about selling it and gettin one of those I listed....Whacha think?

Great,...Your sub is a monster! I have been out of the car audio arena for a few years. RF looks like they got their act together now. Anyway, your EBP is ~196 which means you just about have to do a large ported enclosure. Here are the final specs I will need:

Qts

Vas - in liters

Pmax - in watts

Xmax - in mm

Dp - in cm

Displacement of the motor structure and basket - in whatever unit you can get it. I can estimate if you can't get this one.

...and how many ports do you want to have in your box. This is purely cosmetic. With one woofer, typically 2 ports are the norm, one on each side of the woofer. Hell you can have one big one or 4 smaller ones, doesn't matter...just have to calculate for it.

Do you have any constraints for size of the enclosure (i.e. are you fitting it under a seat?) There is an old stand-by that certain measurements should be adheared to to make a "perfect box". This "perfect box"dimentions eliminate standing waves inside the enclosure and increase the efficiency of the driver / amp set-up. Will you notice this?...most likely not but the SPL mic will. Let us know if you have any L x W x H restrictions. :thumbs:

personally, slot port it. one big port, less noise this way and much higher output. we do them all day here at work and they, in my opinio, are the onely way to go for high output. SQ on the otherside, sealed is the only way.

caraudio.com has like 50 different boxes already blueprinted and tuned for whatever you need. Gives you all the demensions you will need cut and so on. Just pick the the box you are going for. Check it out on their site, prob save you a lot of hassle

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137804

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

caraudio.com has like 50 different boxes already blueprinted and tuned for whatever you need.  Gives you all the demensions you will need cut and so on.  Just pick the the box you are going for.  Check it out on their site, prob save you a lot of hassle

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137804

Nice designs but very generic and not specific to one kind of woofer. Kind of like a mail order tune, it will be better than stock but there is alot left on the table.

Qts= .21

VAS= 27.8

xmax= 15.5

Explain what the pmax and dp is...

I was wantin one big port and I am worried about what the mic reads....I have a good bit of room, I was plannin on takin the third seat out....unless yall think theres enough room....

Thanks guys...

Fox, yes...if you know the box tuning frequency you desire and the volume, it is a good start. BUT, the info he is giving me is to determine the optimal enclosure specs and let me tell ya,...this is a serious driver that no pre fab generic enclosure will be able to handle.

Alright d-payne, I ran the specs through an old program I have and the frequency responce curve didn't look quite right. Are you sure the specs / UNITS were all correct? It just may be that the specs are extreme.

Here ya go, I calculated this out by hand as well through two programs I have. I hope you are ready to wall off your truck :lol:

7.1 net cubic feet of airspace and 128 square inches of port for this ONE 12 inch driver is OPTIMAL enclosure specs. NO, that is not a typo. The port length is totally dependant on what tuning frequency you are looking for. If this is an all out SPL competition enclosure, I would suggest tuning around 41Hz. If you want some low frequency waves to reach China, I would do 35Hz or even 32 :crazy: . You will need to do double 3/4 inch MDF with bracing as well for box materials. The frequency response doesn't fall off until 120Hz, that is a little strange. In all actuality that means you can go larger with the enclosure but I wouldn't IMO.

Let me know if you want help with the enclosure design and let me know what enclosure tuning frequency you were thinking about.

This driver will require some serious power with this volume of airspace. Have you given that anymore thought? I just happen to have a MMats amp that will do nicely. You will be able to pull 16-1700 WRMS out of her @ 1.9OHM. I wouldn't hesitate to put two of these amps on that one driver if it is DVC. It can take it.

I did a system in my sister's 97 Cav (single 12" MMats Jugg and the amp I mentioned. I had that system doing a 146dB in a total street car @ 47Hz legal on the dash. (Termlab mic) I had that enclosure at 4.2 cubes with 75 in2 port @ 40Hz.

I wonder if Wayne Harris had anything to do with this driver. It looks like something he would design. ;)