rocker arms

04CHASE

im planning on doing a cam swap again and using the comp 918 springs hardedned push rods ti retainers and valve locks( as soo as i figure out which ones i need) the cam im probably going to use is a 216\222 .547"\.586" 114+3. im wondering if upgrading the rocker are would bne worth it. i know we have stock roller rockers but will an aftermarket piece gain some power?? if so what kind would you guys recommend 1.7 or 1.8 and maybe some brands to look into and some to stay clear of. another possibility is in the future doing a afr head swap but im not sure if it will happen due to money right now.

Personally, I would stick with the stock rocker until you maybe wanted to step up to a 408 or something. They will work just fine. Going to a 1.8 is pointless if you're already going to change the cam. If you want higher lift and longer duration, what a higher ratio rocker gives, just have it cut into the cam you are going with. Stick with a 1.7.

I think the only difference besides ratio is the fact that the tip has a needle bearing roller on it. I also don't think the factory rockers have a needle bearing fulcrum either. If you have the $$$ it wouldn't be too bad.

Dave

Personally, I would stick with the stock rocker until you maybe wanted to step up to a 408 or something.  They will work just fine.  Going to a 1.8 is pointless if you're already going to change the cam.  If you want higher lift and longer duration, what a higher ratio rocker gives, just have it cut into the cam you are going with.  Stick with a 1.7.

:withstupid:

Archived