Lightning mirage.....

CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Funny, reading the "I killed a Lightning" thred, it just seemed to me not many people truly know how fast a Lightning is.

Driving through Burnaby a blue Ford shortbox, lowered, pulls behind my workmobile. (5.9 with 3.91 sure grip)

The guy starts revving his engine and riding my ass. Not too funny until you think about it- I have LADDERS all over, tools in the windows, you name it. Who tries to "call out" a work truck....??!? :dunno:

We finally line up at a set of lights, and he pounds it out of the hole but I roll it on (tools everywhere). He pulls a little past my bumper before I start pulling on him, and not gently either. I must have had him by about 6-8 legths at 75mph when I shut down.

I did have ONE problem with the truck though....

It was a 2002-2003 Ford shortbox, blue, nice looking, aftermarket wheels of some sort, but the thing that struck me the most was when he pulled a little on me at launch my door was besdie his bed, and I could clearly see the "Lightning" emblem between his tire and his mirror on his front fender.

I'm going to ASSUME this thing had a V6 with the Lightning Emblems, because we raced three times and he stood no chance whatsoever each time. I think a regular V8 truck would have done better than he did, for sure....

No blower whine and poor performance shouldn't have a "Lightning" badge on the truck, but I guess it *might* get the bettys at the beach who didn't know any better...?

:lol:

Not sure if anybody remembers but my Buddy pulled up beside a "Rumble Bee" many months ago, and was going to teach the guy a lesson in his Dakota. The light dropped and he said after a little bit of wheelspin the guy in the "Rumble Bee" was GONE, pulling hard like a freight train. My buddy saw him in a gas station and pulled in, asking what the heck he had done to it... the owner popped the hood... it was an SRT10, not a Rumble Bee.

He was driving around day in and day out putting a hurt on the unsuspecting and pretending it was a stock Rumble Bee!

Can't ANYBODY leave the emblems on vehicles alone??

Funny, reading the "I killed a Lightning" thred, it just seemed to me not many people truly know how fast a Lightning is.

if your referring to the "i raced a lightning" thread that i started.. then you've misqouted me and you did'nt read the thread completley. i never said i killed anything.. i lost i was just happy i did'nt lose by 10 lengths and only 1-1/2 it was not a full 1/4 either and he was pulling but again not like i expected maybe i would have lost by 3 lengths by 90mph :dunno: and it was a lightning i know the difference i would not mistake a 5.4 supercharged for a 4.6 with a muffler :crackup: i did'nt find any thread when i searched the word's "killed" & "lightning" :confused: so i'm guessing you mean me (all evidence points to it) now i'm not mad i just don't like for people to change what i said and make me out to be a :dupe: so please just get it straight next time.. it's not that hard to understand that a high 13 second lightning did'nt beat a high 14 second silverado by that much maybe it was a shitty driver or a chick i don't know :dunno: but the point was i hung with well enough that i was proud of it.. i would never claim to beat a lightning (at least not yet :devil: ) no hard feelings just pointing out the fact's :cheers:

"Killed" a Lightning, "raced" a Lightning, WHATEVER.

Don't wind yer panties up in a bunch just cause of a slip of a title memory.

Here.

"Raced a Lightning"!

Now.

Can you sleep tonight?

"Funny, reading the "I killed a Lightning" thred, it just seemed to me not many people truly know how fast a Lightning is."

don't try and play it down as just a "slip of a title memory" read the above qoute and it is clear you were pointing out the fact that you were amused by my post and suggested that i may not have known what i raced because a lightning is so much faster then i can realize.. :crackup: quirkie remarks and sarcasm are'nt very mature.. i thought i was clear about not being angry.. i was just straightning out your incorrect qoutation and pointing out the facts.

if your going to mock someone, expect a response... and i would sleep fine no matter what you say i need no apoligy from you nore do i want one.

i'm trying to handle this properly, so please refrain from the sarcastic remarks.

i was thought to treat people with respect, and to think before i speak... so please have the same courtesy for me thank you. :thumbs:

Well dont know about that Blue truck but my Lightning was damn fast. THat is until it came up missing in a parking lot. Still gotta a bullet for that SOB. OH well now Im in the gmc vmax so lets see what the future holds. BTW, the lightn ing repeatedly recorded 12.5 "1/4 s . Of coarse it wasnt stock either.

Well dont know about that Blue truck but my Lightning was damn fast. THat is until it came up missing in a parking lot. Still gotta a bullet for that SOB. OH well now Im in the gmc vmax so lets see what the future holds. BTW, the lightn ing repeatedly recorded 12.5 "1/4 s . Of coarse it wasnt stock either.

Sorry to hear about your truck man; especially after all the hard work to get it into the mid-12s.

Lightning mirage.....
:crackup: Nice kill CMG! :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Sucks about your truck being stolen, I've had vehicles stolen too.

:(

The truck I raced was a good looking truck disguise wise, I knew it had aftermarket wheels, but it sat like a Lightning, looked like one, but it sure didn't PERFORM like one.

I'm betting it was a 6 banger.

It was pretty funny though, I kept wondering if I had a video camera, I coulda came off looking like a hero.

:crackup:

i'm trying to handle this properly

You just keep givin' er buddy!

My post was actually nothing about your Lightning thread (wish I never brought it up!), but DON'T LET IT GO!!!

;)

All I can say is....

WOW!

"CRAZYMOPARGUY" "WOW!" is right. i will no longer try to discuss this with you, as it obviously is a futile effort... i was never angry as you try to make it seem.

no hard feelings, i just thought it could be discussed with you. :confused: so :cheers: and have a nice day :thumbs:

no hard feelings, i just thought it could be discussed with you.  :confused: so  :cheers:  and have a nice day :thumbs:

I love it, cause I NEVER HAD ANY HARD FEELINGS TOWARDS YOU!!!!!

I wrote "Killed" cause it's what I usually see in this forum, I see now it was "raced", it was never meant to bug you, sorry if it did, and.....

IT WAS JUST A FUNNY LITTLE STORY.

Of no real significance.... other than to give a few people a giggle.

:cheers: