installing 2* shims on rear

Holty

how do you install the shims on the rear when doing a belltech 2" drop? there is a bolt going down the middle of the leaf spring and i don't know how to get it out or how to put the new one on? im in the garage now with the truck all apart so help asap would really be appreciated.!

That bolt as you reffer to it, I believe is a pin that centers the shim in either the leaf spring or the spring perch. I don't think it's supposed to be removed.

EDIT: I believe the bolt goes through the spring pack and through the shim. The bolt should stick out just enough of all of that at the bottom to locate the spring pack and shim in the center of the perch. The bolt needs to be trimmed I believe.

thank you very much for the help, the pictures are great!

i ended up not taking the bolt out. the reason why i was confused is because i was sent new bolts with the shims, so i just assumed i needed to use them.

i installed the shims with the fat part facing forward, i hope thats correct. lol

in the pic on the installation write up it looks like the fat part is facing towards the back? :dunno:

you are correct, but that is a lifted truck, i am lowering.

lol i think. :dunno:

you want install them with the fat part facing forward. the one thing is since you did not remove or replace the stock bol is that the bol swtill goes through the perch on the axle if not it will not be secure and the shims can move around. i think with the 2 degree shims you be ok with the stock bolt though

you want install them with the fat part facing forward. the one thing is since you did not remove or replace the stock bol is that the bol swtill goes through the perch on the axle if not it will not be secure and the shims can move around. i think with the 2 degree shims you be ok with the stock bolt though

yeah, thats what i figured. there was still like 1/4 inch going down into the axle, so i should be ok with that. thanks for the help.

Archived