Brake vibration

I took my truck into a dealership because my brakes felt warped (at 980 miles?!). The dealer shaved the rotors and drums and now the truck does feel better on the freeway. They also said that because the brakes are large there will still be some vibration. Does anyone else feel a little brake vibration at highway speeds?

Also, I got my truck back from the dealer with an extra 30 miles on it and now the engine smells like burning oil! I am bringing it back in and speaking to the manager on Monday.

:icon_bs: Don't believe it; if a backyard machine shop can balance a 35-lb flywheel to within a gnat's eyelash you can damn-sure bet $1 that a brake rotor manufacturer can do the same. I've got the Baer Alumasports and no issues with rotor balance here.

Mr. P. :)

I have the same problem. I went and bought some Baer 6 pistons on thinking it would solve the problem. Well, it's not the brakes. I accredit the vibration to the piss poor Good Years GM put on this tank. :( Mine are bald now so I'm looking for something better. Too bad they don't make drag radials in a 20". :banghead:

:withstupid: That's common on these larger tires. I'm pretty sure I've got one too (Pirelli Scorpion A.). Swap front/rear wheels one side at a time, and if the vibration moves then I would say it's a tire with a broken cord.

Mr. P. :)

well today i mounted my 305/45/22's with the american eagle 026. the truck shakes FRANTICALLY when braking from any speed. and yes, they were balanced then road forced balanced perfectly. and the tires and wheels are brand new..... never had any brake issues previous to this other than deep grouts in the rotors (thanks GM). could this shaking just be the ABS thrown off by the larger and much heavier wheel? BTW the lugs were and are not over-torqued!