new NX setup for our engines...

Here is the link:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/gm_1pc_massair.htm

NX PN: 20110

I have an 06 Vortech Max 4x4 and I was thinking about going with this setup and running 75-100 shot jets. Is that a safe amount for this motor? (I know nitrous is never "safe" but you know what I mean).

Has anyone here used it or have any opinions on it?

Also I was wondering if there is another setup you might suggest.

thanks,

Brandon

edit: I am looking for a setup that can be somewhat hidden and more importantly easily removed.

I have used nitrous many times before, but only a regular single fogger EFI kit, which doesn't always atomize properly.

Edited by Brandoson (see edit history)

Here is the link:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/gm_1pc_massair.htm

NX PN: 20110

I have an 06 Vortech Max 4x4 and I was thinking about going with this setup and running 75-100 shot jets. Is that a safe amount for this motor? (I know nitrous is never "safe" but you know what I mean).

Has anyone here used it or have any opinions on it?

Also I was wondering if there is another setup you might suggest.

thanks,

Brandon

edit: I am looking for a setup that can be somewhat hidden and more importantly easily removed.

I have used nitrous many times before, but only a regular single fogger EFI kit, which doesn't always atomize properly.

I've been running that system for about 3 months on a 150shot. It's not hidden and to remove it you would need an extra MAFS because you have to cut the old one to install that kit. Be sure and install colder plugs (ngk tr6) when you run nitrous. Also get the truck on a dyno to check your air/fuel ratio with out without nitrous, then with. Be prepared with some extra jetting just incase you have to tune your fuel. Do not spray on the motor without it being tuned.

Edited by —Bauker™— (see edit history)

thanks. How many bottles have you gone through? Have you done runs through all gears? I would be interested in some track times if you have ever ran it too.

I have used nitrous many times before so I know how it works. Colder copper plugs are a must like you said the tr6's work ok. I've had some bad luck with the tr6's in the past though.

I just wanted some feedback on the maf setup they have. :)

I have a wideband meter and sensor that I used to tune my old car so I dont need to pay for a dyno. I just need to weld an extra O2 bung into my exhaust.

Your air fuel numbers with nitrous should be different than n/a anyways so finding out what it runs stock shouldn't matter actually. N/A it should be hovering around 14.7 afr.

but anyways you run 150 shot. Have you had any detonation/misfires or any problems? I doubt I will run 150 but you never know. It is easy to change jetting to go just a little faster haha.

thanks. How many bottles have you gone through? Have you done runs through all gears? I would be interested in some track times if you have ever ran it too.

I have used nitrous many times before so I know how it works. Colder copper plugs are a must like you said the tr6's work ok. I've had some bad luck with the tr6's in the past though.

I have a wideband meter and sensor that I used to tune my old car so I dont need to pay for a dyno. I just need to weld an extra O2 bung into my exhaust.

Your air fuel numbers with nitrous should be different than n/a anyways so finding out what it runs stock shouldn't matter actually. N/A it should be hovering around 14.7 afr.

but anyways you run 150 shot. Have you had any detonation/misfires or any problems? I doubt I will run 150 but you never know. It is easy to change jetting to go just a little faster haha.

I've done about 10 bottles. I need to go back and get dynod this week but it was on par for 440rwhp and did hit 585rwtq at 3200rpms, and that's on a conservative tune in the Arizona heat and only 7 cylinders, mind you. With the stock jetting it ran lean, which is why we had to prematurely ended the dyno session. There was some detonation and fouled a spark plug, hence the 7 cylinder dyno. But I’m going to try and get back to the dyno tomorrow and see what she puts down on the same tune and the same hot ass weather.

NX’s website has the install instruction that you can download. It gives you a pretty good idea of the modification that need to be done to the MAFS.

I've done about 10 bottles. I need to go back and get dynod this week but it was on par for 440rwhp and did hit 585rwtq at 3200rpms, and that's on a conservative tune in the Arizona heat and only 7 cylinders, mind you. With the stock jetting it ran lean, which is why we had to prematurely ended the dyno session. There was some detonation and fouled a spark plug, hence the 7 cylinder dyno. But I’m going to try and get back to the dyno tomorrow and see what she puts down on the same tune and the same hot ass weather.

NX’s website has the install instruction that you can download. It gives you a pretty good idea of the modification that need to be done to the MAFS.

I did see the instructions and I see what you mean. I wonder how hard it would be to find a spare one for when I want to go back to stock without getting raped by a dealer.

ARIZONA! I live in Gilbert. Where are you? I know what you mean about the heat... haha

I would love to see your truck sometime.

Where do you go for the dyno? I dynoed my cavalier at Exact dyno. The guys name was Tim.

those are some dang good numbers. If you are going to firebird sometime let me know! I want to see that run. I also need to run my truck to see how it does stock.

Brandon

602-821-9520

anyone know a place around shreveport louisiana that does awd dynos? about what does a dyno cost to have performed around about figures?

lol, a little off topic there. :P

after doing some more reading it looks like I am probably going to go with that setup.

Hey Bauker,

do you have any pictures of your engine bay after install?

Did you relocate your the maf housing? It seems to be far from the TB which I don't think is a good thing...

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures. I let a friend borrow my digi and haven’t gotten it back yet. As for the MAFS, I've seen worse setups, so I just left it where it was. Works fine. I’m heading to the dyno today at 4:30 to see what she does… Or doesn’t do. lol :driving:

Oh and I live in Scottsdale. And I've been going to Dynocomp for my dyno needs.

Hey Bauker,

do you have any pictures of your engine bay after install?

Did you relocate your the maf housing? It seems to be far from the TB which I don't think is a good thing...

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures. I let a friend borrow my digi and haven’t gotten it back yet. As for the MAFS, I've seen worse setups, so I just left it where it was. Works fine. I’m heading to the dyno today at 4:30 to see what she does… Or doesn’t do. lol :driving:

Oh and I live in Scottsdale. And I've been going to Dynocomp for my dyno needs.

I think I might go with NOS's TB piece.

I'll do some more research. Maybe I'll do a single fogger style. We'll see

Edited by Brandoson (see edit history)