OK getting a wideband....which one?

popeye55

I am wanting a hand held and not a gauge..portability reasons I seen on perfomance truck they really like the one by AEM but was planning originaly on a LM-1 from innovative. any pro's or cons? i can get the LM-1 for 308.00 thanks

LC-1, LM-1??? I'm clueless.

Answer this if you can please.

I will be buying the Auto Meter Nexus gauges. Looking at the Boost, fuel pres, and the wide band air/fuel ratio gauge. How does this wide band compared to what you guys are talking about?

Jim

That AFR gauge will work well.  The only thing was I didn't see any type of voltage out that could be used to tie in to a logger.  Not a big deal if you don't need it.

The Nexus gauges have their own control module station that does the logging for each gauge. You cannot use the Nexus gauges without the Nexus module.

Is that what you were refering to as a logging device?

I guess I'm still lost on the wideband thing. What's the difference between a regular air/fuel gauge and a wideband air/fuel gauge?

I'm just not understanding what "exactly" a wideband does.

Jim

That AFR gauge will work well.  The only thing was I didn't see any type of voltage out that could be used to tie in to a logger.  Not a big deal if you don't need it.

The Nexus gauges have their own control module station that does the logging for each gauge. You cannot use the Nexus gauges without the Nexus module.

Is that what you were refering to as a logging device?

I guess I'm still lost on the wideband thing. What's the difference between a regular air/fuel gauge and a wideband air/fuel gauge?

I'm just not understanding what "exactly" a wideband does.

Jim

If it has a volatge out, then it can be used. Go to the innovate motorsports website to read about widebands.