McGaughy's Hangers & Caltracs ????

CHEVY6000VHO

I've heard of some guys complaining about aftermarket hangers and Caltracs not working together.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read here somewhere that the McGaughys: spindles, Hangers & Shackle lowering kit ( 2/3.5) do not interfere with using the Caltracs.

I have had this kit and the Caltracs for quite some time. They of course have been sitting in their boxes and not on my truck were they should be.

I just want to make sure that the McGaughy hangers will not cause the Caltracs to bind up.

I'm only 3 weeks away from doing all my mods (there are a lot of them), and I just want to make sure my parts will work together.

Anyone knowledgeable on this???

Thanks,

Jim

I took a look at the Hangers in the box. They have two holes. (I'm sure you all knew that already). Anyways, if I use the bottom hole for a 3" drop in the rear, then I realy don't see where there would be a problem, but I wouldn't know for sure until I begin installing everything.

I'm thinking the only possibly way there could be interference using the Caltracs would be if I used the top hole for a full 4" drop. That would place the eye of the leaf spring closer to the top welded plate of the hanger.

I was hoping I would have either option while using the Caltracs and the hangers, but now I'm not too sure.

I hoping someone will cue in on this that has already done this.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, I'm doing the same things, but with beltech.  Of course, I don't have my axle here to install it anyway so it will be a few still.

The Caltracs are known not to work with Belltech hangers. Even Belltech will tell you this from experience.

Let me know how it goes if you attemp to use the Belltech hangers and Caltracs together.

Jim