Whats Your Choice of LT Headers Poll

CaliChevyV8

Dynatech, Pacesetter, Belanger, AZ Speed & Marine  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Dynatech, Pacesetter, Belanger, AZ Speed & Marine

• [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/DynatechHeaders.jpg[/IMG] Dynatech?
    • [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/PacesetterHeaders.jpg[/IMG] Pacesetter?
    • [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/BelangerHeaders.jpg[/IMG] Belanger?
    • [IMG]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/kylesteve/Exhaust/AZSpeedMarineASM.jpg[/IMG] AZ Speed & Marine (ASM)?

Seems like alot of people have been making "What Headers to Get" posts. Thought it would be nice to have the top header brands and let people vote on which they think are the all around best ones to go with based on experience and kowledge. Keep in mind price, reliability, durability, quality, etc. Feel free to give some descriptions on why as well! :thumbs:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the dynatechs LT and I really like them, they are pricey, but a nice bolt on with cats. I know of people using ASM that like their product. Cheapest by far is pacesetter, no long term tests have been done on it, but from recent posts theyseem to be pretty good. I would recommend the dyantech, but they are $$$.

I was going to buy Dynatech's because they were the only game in town although I never liked the "hump" in the design.

When Pacesetter began selling the 4x4 LT's back in January, I bought them immediately just because they were 1/3 the price (coated). So far, no complaints and they're on their second set of heads.

I have the dynatechs LT and I really like them, they are pricey, but a nice bolt on with cats.  I know of people using ASM that like their product.  Cheapest by far is pacesetter, no long term tests have been done on it, but from recent posts theyseem to be pretty good.  I would recommend the dyantech, but they are $$$.

:withstupid:

I have the dynatechs LT and I really like them, they are pricey, but a nice bolt on with cats.  I know of people using ASM that like their product.  Cheapest by far is pacesetter, no long term tests have been done on it, but from recent posts theyseem to be pretty good.  I would recommend the dyantech, but they are $$$.

Looks like the dynatechs are kickin ass so far...What kind of changes did you notice in sound and power?

I just finished up isntalling my dynatech's last night so I can't wait to get home today and put my truck back together and start her up. Hopefully I won't have any leaks :banghead: . It was a pain for me doing the install since I did it by myself and I'm no Mister P. :P

I just finished up isntalling my dynatech's last night so I can't wait to get home today and put my truck back together and start her up. Hopefully I won't have any leaks  :banghead: . It was a pain for me doing the install since I did it by myself and I'm no Mister P.  :P

Congrats, I hope you like em :thumbs: So would you reccomend gettin the headers put on by a shop? Let us know how they are :cheers:

I just finished up isntalling my dynatech's last night so I can't wait to get home today and put my truck back together and start her up. Hopefully I won't have any leaks  :banghead: . It was a pain for me doing the install since I did it by myself and I'm no Mister P.  :P

Congrats, I hope you like em :thumbs: So would you reccomend gettin the headers put on by a shop? Let us know how they are :cheers:

I would do the install again. It's a completely bolt up system so it can be done by people like me who don't have the tools a lot of people have. It was also kind of fun to try a big install like headers. It will be worth it when I get a chance to hear how it sounds. :devil:

I would do the install again. It's a completely bolt up system so it can be done by people like me who don't have the tools a lot of people have. It was also kind of fun to try a big install like headers. It will be worth it when I get a chance to hear how it sounds. :devil:

What were the worst parts about the install and how long did it take? I guess I might be doin my own install if I go with the dynatechs :cool:

Looks like the dynatechs are kickin ass so far...What kind of changes did you notice in sound and power?

I really don't hear much interior resonance with the dynatechs. But it does make a nice throaty sound outside. Power wise, I did the headers/cats with the B&B exhaust at the same time and it felt like getting a pcm4less tune.

I really don't hear much interior resonance with the dynatechs. But it does make a nice throaty sound outside. Power wise, I did the headers/cats with the B&B exhaust at the same time and it felt like getting a pcm4less tune.

Right on :D Did you do the install yourself?

A friend and I installed my Dyna's in a few hours with the aid of a vehicle lift and air tools. Although we are both familiar with wrenchin' on cars, we had never installed these before and it went much smoother than I expected. You hear so many horror stories of headers not fitting (on cars at least), and this simply was not the case with these - there was no interference from the steering column or anything else for that matter. Pull the front wheels and inner fender wells, and everything is pretty much right there in front of you. There were no leaks when finished, and no retorquing has been required since then (January '06). My only complaint is the position of third driver's side pipe coming up instead of down, which makes for a hassle with the 2 rear spark plug wires.

As for performance: I did these as the same time as the Radix, so hard to tell how much these alone helped. After seeing the dinky stock manifolds next to them though, it's obvious that there is a LOT more exhaust flow happening now.

As for sound: It does sound a lot different than stock manifolds, since these are steel tubing and manifolds are iron castings (just like copper house water pipe is louder than cast iron). It is raspier/louder at idle, louder/meaner overall when cruising, and just awesome when the boost comes on up to WOT. When I get on it, I see poeple turning their heads a ways down the street. I already had a Magnaflow 2 in 2 out in the place of my stock muffler, which is pretty much an open muffler design and kinda loud also, but this made it better even when not under boost. I have no regrets with the Dynatechs - Just buy 'em, put 'em on, and enjoy.

What were the worst parts about the install and how long did it take? I guess I might be doin my own install if I go with the dynatechs :cool:

Worst part was doing it by myself and not having all the tools I needed. air tools would have been great at loosing the collector bolts(6). I had to use leverage and really put my whole body into breaking the bolts free. make sure you have a 15 MM deep socket and normal 15 MM. The wrench to get the o2 sensors off is a must. I think it's a 7/8 open ended wrench. you only need to use it on the driver side sensors(2). For the passenger side it's best to unhook the sensors and take them out after you get the stock system out. God knows how long it ook me. It was my first major install and I did it over 3 or 4 days a few hours here and there. Removing the old system took the longest for me. I had to lower the crossmember and brace the trans. Probably could have done it without removing it but I didn't know the exhaust would move back that far. All in all it was fun to do the work myself. :D