Flowmaster 40 series and blown motors

Krambo

When I was having my new exhaust fabbed up, I couldn't resist asking a question about a muffler I saw sitting in the workshop. It was a 40 series deltaflow flowmaster that had expanded to look like a pumpkin. The usual flat case was round and all of the internal welds were popped.

Long story short, this muffler (and another one) was on a blown 347cid Mustang making well over 600 HP to the wheels. The pressures and heat just totally deformed the muffler. Think there was some restriction there? :eek:

Wish I had my camera. :sigh:

Anyway, that makes me feel better about having a freeflowing muffler with a blown application. :thumbs:

When I was having my new exhaust fabbed up, I couldn't resist asking a question about a muffler I saw sitting in the workshop.  It was a 40 series deltaflow flowmaster that had expanded to look like a pumpkin.  The usual flat case was round and all of the internal welds were popped.

Long story short, this muffler (and another one) was on a blown 347cid Mustang making well over 600 HP to the wheels.  The pressures and heat just totally deformed the muffler.  Think there was some restriction there? :eek:

Wish I had my camera.  :sigh:

Anyway, that makes me feel better about having a freeflowing muffler with a blown application.  :thumbs:

WERD