A little deep sea fishing...

Dylan06SS

Ahhhhhh... I feel 100x better. Things have been so hectic at work lately and I'm just overwhelmed. I decided to take a Friday and get some sport fishing in. Getting out on the ocean for 12 hours, drinkin beers with some buddies, catchin some fish, and smokin some cigars really took the edge off. Heres a couple of shots I took... I'll upload the rest when I have a chance later:

First catch of the day 30+lbs Dorado thats Scotty on the left and my boss/friend Justin on the right. Nice fish... took about 20 minutes to get him in the boat... he was a fighter.

CopyofDSC_2948.jpg

About 30 miles off of Dana Point we ran into a pod of Dolphins... there had to be about 100 of them feeding in this area... then they started pacing the boat.... it was really cool

CopyofDSC_2973.jpg

This guy was hanging out as we were carving up some of the Yellowtail's we caught.... looking for a free meal.

CopyofDSC_2993.jpg

Thats awesome dude!!! My sport is spear fishing and I love to get away for a couple of hours. You really disconnect from the world when you are out in the ocean, it's natural medicine!

RIght on!! I scuba w/ a Hawaiian sling... I love to spear fish too... you're right... it does make you feel disconnected from the world for a while. And nothing tastes better than seafood you caught and cooked yourself IMHO.

Ahhhhhh... I feel 100x better. Things have been so hectic at work lately and I'm just overwhelmed. I decided to take a Friday and get some sport fishing in. Getting out on the ocean for 12 hours, drinkin beers with some buddies, catchin some fish, and smokin some cigars really took the edge off. Heres a couple of shots I took... I'll upload the rest when I have a chance later:

First catch of the day 30+lbs Dorado thats Scotty on the left and my boss/friend Justin on the right. Nice fish... took about 20 minutes to get him in the boat... he was a fighter.

CopyofDSC_2948.jpg

About 30 miles off of Dana Point we ran into a pod of Dolphins... there had to be about 100 of them feeding in this area... then they started pacing the boat.... it was really cool

CopyofDSC_2973.jpg

This guy was hanging out as we were carving up some of the Yellowtail's we caught.... looking for a free meal.

CopyofDSC_2993.jpg

Sweet, I have not got to go fishing like that since I moved outta Miami :banghead:

RIght on!! I scuba w/ a Hawaiian sling... I love to spear fish too... you're right... it does make you feel disconnected from the world for a while. And nothing tastes better than seafood you caught and cooked yourself IMHO.

Very cool, we mainly use Hawaiian slings when we head to Bimini. And you are 1000% true when you say that nothing is better than self caught/cooked seafood.

Archived