Did a first yesterday!

misterp

OK just had to tell all that the kids and I went to Six Flags in Arlington yesterday, and I have an enormous fear of heights - well we rode SUPERMAN TOWER OF POWER and man let me tell you the kind of impression that leaves! It was not at all what I expected.

supietoprender.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Cool, I've only been on the super man ride here in CA. Its different then that, this one sling shots you out at like 100mph then you go up a tower. I wonder how much different the TX six flags is from the CA one...
I last went to Magic Mountain before Superman The Ride, and I've not been on anything like it to compare; if I remember right Superman The Ride reaches a higher top speed, but the descent is just a backwards freefall??? But I'm going to say I think The Tower is a bit hairier, you get shot straight up 325-ft in 2-secs (4-G's, 45-mph) and that wasn't bad; the part that upset me is after the top of the ascent there's a good whole second of airtime, then you are forcefully BLASTED back down the tower under pressure (negative 1-G's, 65-mph) and I about lost my stomach on the down-trip, your butt's outta the seat and you are being shoved by your collar bones back to earth!

You have balls Mr. P, I won't even get on my roof!
:lol: Don't look at me - I can barely function on a roof too. It's my daughter that has the brass ones; she wanted the three of us to ride it together, and there was no line (hence no time to make excuses!) so I went into "good dad mode" and swallowed hard and saddled-up.

That's good stuff!! I'm not a big fan of heights either.....I don't much like ladders!! However, I do have about 4 jumps out of an aiplane at 14,000 ft and will be making many more in the near future!! You wanna talk about a rush.....plummeting to Earth at 120+ MPH!! :cheers:

Well done Mr. P. :thumbs:

I'm afraid of heights as well. My defining moment was last year riding my scooter

on a road trip from Myrtle Beach to Charleston, SC. You want to see Charleston, you have to cross these bridges...twice.

150 feet in the air with a steel grate floor :eek: I didn't find that out until I was ON the bridge :wtf:

The worst part is that traffic stopped at the bottom of the bridge and I had to contemplate how I was going to get through this :cry:. The return trip was at the start of rush hour so we were in stop and go traffic on the bridge :banghead:

Very steep incline up, about 2 miles long before you reach terra firma again

Pic doesn't show the approach ramps very well

Talk about sweaty palms

south%20carolina.jpg

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

I'm afraid of heights as well. My defining moment was last year riding my scooter

on a road trip from Myrtle Beach to Charleston, SC. You want to see Charleston, you have to cross these bridges...twice.

150 feet in the air with a steel grate floor  :eek: I didn't find that out until I was ON the bridge  :wtf:

The worst part is that traffic stopped at the bottom of the bridge and I had to contemplate how I was going to get through this

We went from Myrtle Beach to Charleston a little over two years ago... and I agree, the worst part is sitting in traffic with all of that time to think about what *could* happen to you... :puke:

:lol: Don't look at me - I can barely function on a roof too.  It's my daughter that has the brass ones; she wanted the three of us to ride it together, and there was no line (hence no time to make excuses!) so I went into "good dad mode" and swallowed hard and saddled-up.

hahaha...thats awesome! :thumbs:

150 feet in the air with a steel grate floor  :eek: I didn't find that out until I was ON the bridge  :wtf:

The worst part is that traffic stopped at the bottom of the bridge and I had to contemplate how I was going to get through this

We went from Myrtle Beach to Charleston a little over two years ago... and I agree, the worst part is sitting in traffic with all of that time to think about what *could* happen to you... :puke:

Know the feeling quite well.

All I could think about was this joke: (while waiting at the bottom in traffic)

What's the best advice when bungee jumping or getting a BJ from Rosanne Barr?

DON"T LOOK DOWN! :jester: