Had some fun with a CTS-V

—Bauker™—

On the way home from the shop after getting some new rubber, I come across this guy in a new CTS-V with happy tags. It was pretty damn loud and appeared to have some sort of aftermarket polished exhaust on it. The guy taunted me for a good 10 miles, reving and flooring it, but I didn't bite. :( The unfortunate part of this was that I had removed the bottle when I took the truck in for service (so they don’t use my juicy juice), so the bottle was sitting in my passenger seat, full. :nonod: After watching this dipshit taunt a Hemi 300C and a (believe it or not) CLS550 benz :wtf: , I was forced to do the unbearable. . . Be the hand of God... okay, not really but it sounds so much more exciting that way. So yeah, that’s right, emergency bottle attachment, and represent the SSS community proper like. :thumbs:

I mean, I couldn’t let him go on thinking we drive some slow tanks and won’t step up. :nono:

Could I?

Of course not. :flag:

So once the road opened up to two lanes I pursued and let it be known it was game time. Once it was all clear he floored it and and I followed suit. I don't think he expected to see my big ass grill fly up in his rearview. I had to let off and brake or I would’ve gone through him. I then moved next to him in the left lane. At this point people are usually confused and wonder if I had some head start or something, since there's no way a big ass truck could ever possibly beat them. :lol: So he floored it again. It was no race. It was a slaughtering. Man, I thought his exhaust was loud but I'm sure he was deaf once I blew by him, since the corsa exits that side and mixed with nitrous it gets a tad loud. I walked him like a 16 year old into the woods… wait… never mind. So yeah, he wanted nothing to do with me after that. But strangely he follows me into my gated community. I figured he wanted to ask the typical "what the hell is in that thing", but I guess he lives right down the street. :D Which is fine, I hate my neighbors.

" The unfortunate part of this was that I had removed the bottle when I took the truck in for service (so they don’t use my juicy juice), so the bottle was sitting in my passenger seat, full."

I heat when that happens :D , unfortunately mine is under the truck and my remote opener is broke :banghead: . I need to get my other bottle valve replaced and get new openers (for both), I might even hook up both bottle :jester: yes 2 bottles, one for emergency use :D

That guy must have felt like a douchebag after messing with you for all that time, then getting his ass handed to him by a truck....

Its funny, the only time I have seen a CTS-V driving next to me was some kid 18-19 yrs old, and he kept flooring it and riding out the gears so it sounded cooler on every stoplight. Then he made a right turn and gunned it, and almost spun a 360 ... must have had his traction control off... but looked like a f'in moron.

Good kill nevertheless... I read on some other site that a dude with an LS2 TBSS had a 100 shot hooked up, and some old guy in a CTS-V spanked him from 70mph-110+ (i think) and the TBSS was even spraying! So that guy must have been modded to be able to do that. I wonder how a Radix'd SS would do against a V?

That guy must have felt like a douchebag after messing with you for all that time, then getting his ass handed to him by a truck.... 

Its funny, the only time I have seen a CTS-V driving next to me was some kid 18-19 yrs old, and he kept flooring it and riding out the gears so it sounded cooler on every stoplight.  Then he made a right turn and gunned it, and almost spun a 360 ... must have had his traction control off... but looked like a f'in moron. 

Good kill nevertheless...  I read on some other site that a dude with an LS2 TBSS had a 100 shot hooked up, and some old guy in a CTS-V spanked him from 70mph-110+ (i think) and the TBSS was even spraying!  So that guy must have been modded to be able to do that.  I wonder how a Radix'd SS would do against a V?

Don't forget the CTS-V has a LS2 with a tremec 6 speed in them, their aftermarket is just the same as a GTO or Vette. I've seen a few with a radix on them, and even one with AFR heads and cam along with the radix.