lowering my car. parts list. what else is needed

wsaraceni

i need new shocks and think i should just do the whole suspension all at once. or at least most of it.

here are the parts i am thinking of. i would like to not have any problems with vibrations if possible. from what ive read, the best way would be to go with the following.

belltech front spindle set. part # 2508 about $220

belltech rear 3" leaf drops part # 5952 about $280

belltech rear shocks (rear nitro active) part # 10018BLT $100

belltech front shocks (front nitro active) part # 10572BLT $100

what else would be needed? also, what problems could i run into and what would i need to do to add a hotchkis swaybar kit later on?

thanks.  i found a site selling for $140 a piece.  Is there anything else that it looks like i am missing though?  ive read that it might be worth it to order new shorter bumpstops and shims as well.  not sure what those part numbers would be.

You should not need any shims with the leaf packs... I think that the bump stops come with the leafs. I dont remember if I got a set with mine now :dunno: Other than that you should not need anything else.. Your best bet will probally be summit for everything. There handling fee is real cheap...

thanks.  i found a site selling for $140 a piece.  Is there anything else that it looks like i am missing though?  ive read that it might be worth it to order new shorter bumpstops and shims as well.  not sure what those part numbers would be.

You should not need any shims with the leaf packs... I think that the bump stops come with the leafs. I dont remember if I got a set with mine now :dunno: Other than that you should not need anything else.. Your best bet will probally be summit for everything. There handling fee is real cheap...

ItsJac, could you post a side pic of your truck so that I can see what your drop looks like? What all did you use and do to get that kind of drop?

Thanks,

Jim

thanks for your help. i got a friend that put a new suspension in his c5 vette that is going to help with the install. total for everyting was under $700. i also have to get the intermediate steering shaft fixed. is that something we can do at the same time? if so, what do we need to do that? is there a kit or is it something that gm will have to do. i'm out of warranty.

ItsJac, could you post a side pic of your truck so that I can see what your drop looks like? What all did you use and do to get that kind of drop?

Thanks,

Jim

Mine rear are not installed on the truck yeat... I had to buy stock shackles due to I put a leveling kit on and its was going to be too low... Still waiting for the stock ones... JAc

Archived