Plugs & Wire Question

i have a set of JBA ignition wires but they say its for the 4.8.5.3....does it make a difference...and my 2nd question...NGK plugs.....what is roccomended...TR55 or TR6's lemme know...thanks guys

TR55 are for NA applications. TR6 for FI or nitrous. Wires really won't make a difference unless you're having a problem with them. 4.8/5.3/6.0 should all be the same.

i have a set of JBA ignition wires but they say its for the 4.8.5.3....does it make a difference...and my 2nd question...NGK plugs.....what is roccomended...TR55 or TR6's lemme know...thanks guys

TR55 are for NA applications. TR6 for FI or nitrous. Wires really won't make a difference unless you're having a problem with them. 4.8/5.3/6.0 should all be the same.

"TR55 are for NA applications. TR6 for FI or nitrous"

NA?.........so should i be runing the 6's..?

if i read that correctly you should be running the 55's, the 6's are for forced induction (supercharger) or giggle juice...im thinking about getting new plugs too, just not sure if its worth the hassle for the difference that i'll get?? :dunno:

"TR55 are for NA applications. TR6 for FI or nitrous"

NA?.........so should i be runing the 6's..?

NA = Naturally Aspirated

FI = Forced Induction (supercharger/turbo)

not to sure how often to change but the tr6 plugs are like a $1.25 a piece. I would think you def would want to change out your stock plugs ASAP for the tr6's. Also at the price of the TR6's you can change em out quite often to be safe

I am overkill on my TR-6's and change them out like every other oil change. I am aggrressive on my oil changes as well so I figure about every 7-8K miles I am swapping out the TR-6's :happysad:

You can learn alot on how your motor is running by looking at your plugs and for $15 for a set of 8,...may as well just swap them.

Just a side note, I know GM says the stock Plat. plugs are good for 100K and that may be the case, but do you really want a spark plug in your aluminum head for that long? I swapped mine at only 28K and they were tough to break free.