header

Slick06

Ok im gonna go ahead and ask all my questions about headers b/c i really want them. Ok i have realized that shorties are almost not worth it. So with long tube headers what exactly do you have to do? i went and looked at my factory set up and theres gonna have to be cuttin and welding for anything longer than shorties (i don't like cutting and welding). then i would have to get some O2 simulators, can i use stock cats? or run no cats at all, but then i would have to put my muffler back on to keep from running loud straight pipes (adding more expense). And as far as tuning, am i loosing out by not getting a tune for my headers or do you just get the tune to correct the O2 sensors? Well im sure i'll think of more questions after i post this. :confused:

I've got those headers and I think they are fine. I haven't had any problems with them at all. If you gut/remove the cat's, do you still need long tubes for the real power?

yes sir. the real purpose of the long tubes is to scavange the exhaust gases from each cylinder the same to improve your engines VE(volumetric efficientcy). so you need the same length tube for each exahust port to do so which also creates a vaccum effect to help suck out the exhaust gases. so the faster you get the exhaust gases out the faster you can recharge your cylinders with fresh air which =power :thumbs:

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)