Croc Hunter Dead

Pasadena SS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll tell ya one thing, People aren't going to make a mistake like that in the future. It will just open up peoples minds that now matter how experienced you are with animals in the wild, something is bound to happen one day. People will also learn to watch there ass whenever they see a stingray in the water.

i'm sorry to hear that as well.. his shows were cool.

but from my point of view, as a father he had a responsibility to be there for his children and to raise them.

lets see if those kids 10 years from now will say "at least he lived his life to the fullest" ??? they don't give a shit if he had "brass balls" or not.. there fatherless now because he had a death wish.. or whatever term you care to use?..

i have 2 small children and it made me a much more cautious person knowing that i'm responsible for there well being.

taking risk like that on a daily basis (even putting his child in danger)

is not a very sane or responsible decision in anyway.

IMO if you want to risk your life thats fine, as long as your single and not responsible for anyone else's. :mad:

but from my point of view, as a father he had a responsibility to be there for his children and to raise them.

lets see if those kids 10 years from now will say "at least he lived his life to the fullest" ??? they don't give a shit if he had "brass balls" or not.. there fatherless now because he had a death wish.. or whatever term you care to use?..

i have 2 small children and it made me a much more cautious person knowing that i'm responsible for there well being.

IMO if you want to risk your life thats fine, as long as your single and not responsible for anyone else's. :mad:

He didn't die beacuause he was doing something stupid or extreme. Infact he's never been bitten by a croc once. According to Animal Planet he was swimming and the Stingray just came up and stung him. I don't think anyone could have avoided that. It was a terrible accident and not becaue he had a deathwish. Sometimes s*** just happens even to Steve Irwin and about his kids I'm sure they will follow their father's footsteps. Hell I would.

...  BTW in Australia, most people I met thought he was a Whack Job, and didn't understand why us Americans loved him so, especially letting him make a movie.
I understand; he was not crazy, just living his life to the fullest; he's no different than any other extreme sports or stunt junkie. I think Americans really identify with him because he had that rock & roll attitude, a go-big or go-home personna. I mean, how could you not love the guy - a real man's man! That guy had the biggest pair of brass balls EVER! - I mean really, I'm surprised we never actually heard them clanking while he walked :lol:. But the incident does make you wonder what kind of life you would rather live, one with as much intensity as you could or a life on the porch... RIP Steve Irwin, you are truly missed.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid:

I think Mel Gibson is a whack job. He's pretty much an Aussie and he makes movies. :dunno:

If I remember right, his dad bought the Aussie zoo in 1970 and Steve helped devlope it into what it is today... a huge tourist attraction for Australia. I know his show raised my awareness of tons of unknown animals, dangerous or not, and helped spread the word about endangered animals, wildlife preservation, and how that impacts everyone on this planet. Had it not been for his outlandish personality and playfull antics, I wouldn't have watched his show and learned what he had to teach.

I believe that God needed him to come home and take care of Harriet, the zoo's 176 year old Galapagos tortoise that died back in June. He will truely be missed. :(

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

RIP Steve.

Even though I used to make fun of the guy all the time, when I heard he died I felt awful.  And of all the things to get him. :tear:

That's what I found ironic. With all the crocodiles, extremely venemous snakes, spiders, and other deadly stuff he handled, it was an animal that's not really deadly that got him. He was definitely one of a kind.

R.I.P. Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin.

Do you guys remember the Conan Obrien interview with Steve, the kids' wading pool, and the inflatable crocodile  :lol:

Yeah I remember that. That was so funny. :crackup::crackup: I wish I have a clip of that.

Edited by Pasadena SS (see edit history)

So I guess you won't be driving on any roads in the near future if your going to be cautious, being around dangerous animals was his job and passion, such as being a Police officer or a Fireman which are always in danger but are trained in what they do, he was train and well experience in what he did, this was a freak accident, everyone of use go to our jobs everyday and could have a freak accident.

Clay

i agree...ive done things that border on stupid (as far as what my friends and family believe) especially with animals. what happened to steve was a freak accident, what i heard on animal planet was that he was swimming over the stingray and then another animal came to close to steve (possible a predator, steve backed away) and then either made a sudden movement or got too close because of the predator, the sting ray became nervous and felt boxed in, and stung steve in through the ribs and up in the heart....extremly unlucky circumstance for such a great man!