Magnaflow 15840

thallent

I have recently traded my dad trucks and I am now driving his which has the magnaflow system on it. I put the system on two years ago and forget if the muffler opens up into one area in the center or not. The reason I am asking is because I want to go louder by using just the two resonators already welded into place on the two front pipes. By deleting the muffler I was planning on just running two pieces of pipe and still exit out the rear. If the muffler that came with it has an internal "x-pipe" or balance chamber is it worth it to add an x-pipe that far back on the exhaust since everywhere I have read has them closer to the front. And yes it would go that far back since I do not plan on cutting any of the existing pipe. I just want to clamp it up so I can put back on the muffler when I want to.

So i guess the question is an x-pipe or h-pipe that far back wroth it or should i just but in the two pieces of straight pipe?

• 3 weeks later...