Time for new stock replacement front pads...

SS_bnoon_SS

It's time for new front pads. I really like Green Stuff pads that I've had in the past, but I don't see that they make anything for the SSS. Anyone have anything that can compare to GS pads for the SSS?

Looking for:

Initial bite

low noise :nono:

low dust

in that order...

It's time for new front pads. I really like Green Stuff pads that I've had in the past, but I don't see that they make anything for the SSS. Anyone have anything that can compare to GS pads for the SSS?

Looking for:

Initial bite

low noise  :nono:

low dust

in that order...

I put some Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads on the front of the Envoy about 6 months ago. Couldn't be happier, low to no dust, noise is not an issue and they were not very expensive at the local parts store. Just did the backs recently, put on OEM type Wagners since the back doesn't do that much stopping anyway.

I have heard good things about Hawk Performance Pads, but have not used them.  Most likely when I need pads I will either go with these or OEM (only 10,500 miles on my '04).

Hawk Performance Brake Pads

:withstupid: Benkey has the part number listed in his garage under general-mis. Here's the link to his garage: Benkey garage

I plan to do this mod after my cam gets installed around end of this month.