Radix SS vs. Viper SRT-10 truck

punkt71

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh you took the words right out of my mouth. I think the dodge guys are telling each other not to PLAY with those Double S's they will Whoop that butt.

I wish I could get at least one ss to race me period! I have seen several down here in college station and none of them ever want to play :( I know they are bad machines but come on, show me the vortec!

i would run that rumble bee in a new york minute, if you were ever half close to north west ohio i'd meet ya. not much around here but a but of fag dodge guys who think loud exhust makes them fast, probably owe harleys too, for the same reason. any way i'd love me meet up wit somone that a enthuesest,"sorry about spelling" and not a yuppy! ever get in this area and i'll give ya that SS chance :cheers:

i think it is great that you can take a $30k truck and put a couple $k in to it and hand a $50k 500 hp truck its a$$.  evil5.gif

Why is it you take off about 12 grand from the SS sticker when you talk about it, but only 2 grand of the SRT sticker??? If the SS is a $30k truck then the SRT is a $40k truck. With employee discounts people are getting SRT's cheaper than that!

And, I think he put more than "a couple $k" into his truck. ;)

Again, nice kill Punkt71. :cool:

I also like both trucks. Obviously, I own an SS. What I really respect about the Dodge is that they had the cojones to to take the no-holds-barred approach and put their biggest, baddest engine in a sport truck, knowing it wouldn't compete with the Viper because of weight and because it's intended for a completely different buyer. And, you get 500+ HP with a factory warranty. :thumbs:

If only the General would do the same. An LS7 in a new SSS or better yet a Colorado SS would be awesome. I wish GM would take some Daimler/Chrysler pills and be a little more uncompromising. All the Gen III/IV engines have great potential and our trucks are good starting points for mods, but it would be nice to be able to buy a pickemup with 500 horses right off the Chevy showroom floor. Then again, I'm sure I would just mod it anyway. :uhoh:

Maybe some day... :chevy:

:withstupid:  :withstupid: Those are nice trucks; I almost bought a SRT-10 myself, just couldn't get away from the fact I needed a back seat - the AWD is nice too.  :chevy:

Mr. P. :)

Backseat? :confused:

:lol: OK you've got a point; It might not be much of a backseat I grant you but big enough for my daughter.

Again, nice kill Punkt71.  :cool:

I also like both trucks. Obviously, I own an SS. What I really respect about the Dodge is that they had the cojones to to take the no-holds-barred approach and put their biggest, baddest engine in a sport truck, knowing it wouldn't compete with the Viper because of weight and because it's intended for a completely different buyer. And, you get 500+ HP with a factory warranty.  :thumbs:

If only the General would do the same. An LS7 in a new SSS or better yet a Colorado SS would be awesome. I wish GM would take some Daimler/Chrysler pills and be a little more uncompromising. All the Gen III/IV engines have great potential and our trucks are good starting points for mods, but it would be nice to be able to buy a pickemup with 500 horses right off the Chevy showroom floor. Then again, I'm sure I would just mod it anyway.  :uhoh:

Maybe some day...  :chevy:

I see where your comin from about the LS7... However i just dont think that chevrolet is ready to put a hand built 505 hp monster in.....a truck. Sorry just dont see it happinin man. its bad enought that they are considering putting the LS7 in the new camaro. Now i know chevy is kinda guilty of it with the TBSS with the LS2.

Chevy does not need to look a dodge, lets see here, dodge threw the HEMI at every car and truck they make basically, and now they are selling out with putting their infamous viper engine in a truck. I know its fast but still. I mean you would think that dodge would make their HEMI more potent than it is. cuz after all most of us here have killed many of them. they should have ditched the 345 hp model and introduced it in the 425 hp model. and i bet they would get more respect from competitors. and now that i think about it, FORD is doing the same thing. they have the ford gt engine which they use the same blower and block in their lightnings.

N E ways, dont get me wrong i think its a great marketing tool but i just dont think Chevrolet is gonna sell out like that.

Sorry i wasnt tring to start a flame war here just stating my .02 :cheers:

Archived