To all with 305/40/22 tires

r8rs4lf

I'm going to be needing some new rubber soon and figured I might as well start looking now. I was just wondering if any of you wished you had gone with a different size? The brands don't really matter to me since I'll probably end up going with the same Nittos unless I find a better deal on another brand.

Currently I have Nitto 404's in a 305/40/22 on 8.5" rims. The tire actually sticks out past the rim a little when I turn, but other than that, I like the way it looks. It fills up the gap between the tire and the fenders. Some people think I have a flat sometimes because of the way the tire looks on a narrow rim. I was thinking of going with a 285 or 295, but I don't want my rim sticking out past the tire. The protection these 305/40/22 gives my rim against curb rash is great, not like I rub these Intro's against the curb anyways. Also, I have zero rubbing issues with my current size.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have profile pics of a 285 or 295 on an 8.5" rim?

TIA

Here is a pic of what my tire looks like currently.

119930857.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since your wheels are pretty skinnny i would go with a 298-285 since i have 10 wide rims the tires dont stick out much at all, but with a kinnier rim your going to have more side wall with the same tire. its going to be hard to find someone with that sze rim to give you an exact look , i think it will look fine with either but i like the wideness of tires ,i doubt either will make your rim stick out further than your tire though

I'm going to be needing some new rubber soon and figured I might as well start looking now. I was just wondering if any of you wished you had gone with a different size? The brands don't really matter to me since I'll probably end up going with the same Nittos unless I find a better deal on another brand.

Currently I have Nitto 420's in a 305/40/22 on 8.5" rims. The tire actually sticks out past the rim a little when I turn, but other than that, I like the way it looks. It fills up the gap between the tire and the fenders. Some people think I have a flat sometimes because of the way the tire looks on a narrow rim. I was thinking of going with a 285 or 295, but I don't want my rim sticking out past the tire. The protection these 305/40/22 gives my rim against curb rash is great, not like I rub these Intro's against the curb anyways. Also, I have zero rubbing issues with my current size.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have profile pics of a 285 or 295 on an 8.5" rim?

TIA

Here is a pic of what my tire looks like currently.

119930857.jpg

They look good now. IMO i would stay with the same size.

According to the Nitto site:

Nitto 420's- The only other size I can get is a 265/35/22 which measures 10.67" in width. I don't think I want to go with a 35 series tire. The 305/40/22 is the only 40 series tire they have in a 22". :dunno:

Looks like Nitto is making the choice for me! :crackup:

Several angles of Pirelli Scorpion A 295/45ZR20 on Centerline 20 x 8.5" wheels, they have quite a bit of sidewall bulge and I think I am going to go to a 285 next time, or find a tire with not as much section width -

drop.jpg

sss_rf.jpg

turnsig2.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Several angles of Pirelli Scorpion A 295/45ZR20 on Centerline 20 x 8.5" wheels, they have quite a bit of sidewall bulge and I think I am going to go to a 285 next time, or find a tire with not as much section width -

drop.jpg

sss_rf.jpg

turnsig2.jpg

Mr. P. :)

thats not going to be very accurate since your running those tiny dubs. :P

Alex are you stuck on nitto's?

I run a Pirelli 305/40-22. I love them in that size, i wouldn't change if i were you. HOWEVER, it does kinda look like i have low air in my front tires like you said. BTW, you can see pics of mine in the link in my sig.

I run a Pirelli 305/40-22.  I love them in that size, i wouldn't change if i were you.  HOWEVER, it does kinda look like i have low air in my front tires like you said.  BTW, you can see pics of mine in the link in my sig.

What is the width on those rims?

I run a Pirelli 305/40-22.  I love them in that size, i wouldn't change if i were you.  HOWEVER, it does kinda look like i have low air in my front tires like you said.  BTW, you can see pics of mine in the link in my sig.

What is the width on those rims?

22X9.5

OH, i now see your point, you have 8.5 rims. :banghead:

sorry, they are 22X10, not 9.5.

Ya, see that is why your tires look straight up from the side. My tires bulge out away from the rim because of the width of the tire compared to the width of the rim.

I'd like to get tires that look like that. Like I said, Nitto has 265/35/22 which is recommended for my 8.5" rim, but I don't think I want to go with a 35 series tire. :dunno:

Here is a shot of a Nitto 265/35/22 on Bryan's truck. It is also a 8.5" rim, but his truck is bagged. It's a little hard for me to tell since his fender is below the tire. I'd like to see that on a similar drop like mine.

july706039.jpg

Thoughts???

Archived