headliner

ssmx641

Sounds easy. The headliner is longer than the door openings though. Just tossing my experience with it out there. I had to flex mine to get it out and getting it back in was a whole other battle.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

ya it does but I see what your saying.....well see what happens

Lean seats all the way back, tilt all the way down, lower headliner in the front, twist 90 degreaser, pulls right out. Suede right over the factory fabric. Use a GOOD glue! To prep the plastics for paint, or suede, clean them with at least rubbing alcohol to release oils in it from armor all and such. You'll need 60" wide by 72" long for the liner. A little extra for visors and pillars. Fold fabric in half and start in the middle. Work slowly in the way out. 1/4 section at a time. Make sure it lays down. Good luck!!

Lean seats all the way back, tilt all the way down, lower headliner in the front, twist 90 degreaser, pulls right out. Suede right over the factory fabric. Use a GOOD glue! To prep the plastics for paint, or suede, clean them with at least rubbing alcohol to release oils in it from armor all and such. You'll need 60" wide by 72" long for the liner. A little extra for visors and pillars. Fold fabric in half and start in the middle. Work slowly in the way out. 1/4 section at a time. Make sure it lays down. Good luck!!

you didn't use any xtra padding between old headlinner and new suede you layed down?

I did my reg can with just straight suede. Not a good idea. I got a wrinkle that drives me crazy. I also did the A pillers in same stuff. They need RE done and I'm not sure how to go about it. I just scuffed the plastic and glued it on and Lil over a year it's developed a few bubbles. Now DGIEPSS had his headliner done at a shop and they used a suede that had a foam backing. Maybe a 1/8 inch or less thick. When I re do mine that's what I'll be looking for and using. His turned out absolutely perfect. Ill try to get pics of both so you can see differance in the next day or 2

any luck with them pics?

If you destroy it I will have one you can buy lol I will be changing mine this weekend or the weekend after, the one in the truck has a small cig burn in it.

how much you thinkn it wouldn't hurt to have a xtra one around pm me...

any luck with them pics?

sorry bud, trucks been parked a while cause of chance of rain. i found a old thread of mine when i did it the first time. the headliner was hard to shoot pics of and you can see the pillars barley but can see the wrinkle in the bottom edge of each. prob gonna re do them in week or 2. learned alot doing the first time

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/72387-new-interior-upgrades/?hl=suede