6 Speed SSS

BAD2THEBONEBLACKSS

:seeya: Yup, there's nothing like rowing your own. :driving: A Keisler 650hp T56 would be a dream. Switching over would not be that bad, you'd have to find a donor base model Silverado (with manual shift) in a wrecking yard and get the steering column & pedal assembly; although there might be a difference in the wiring harness to the column but aside from the neutral safety stuff I seriously doubt that. A couple PCM tuning changes might have to be made. The hardest part of the entire swap IMO would be figuring out what to do with the center console (who the hell needs cupholders :dunno:) although a creative person with time/money could fab-up a suitable replacement.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

impossterSS has a 6 speed... I think one of the new 6 speed automatics would be sexy...

I was actually really interested in this option, hopefully it will be feaseable, because I heard that the new 6spd auto's are very simple, and are pretty strong. :cool:

I was actually really interested in this option, hopefully it will be feaseable, because I heard that the new 6spd auto's are very simple, and are pretty strong.  :cool:

i like them.... my mom's new escalade has one, that and 400hp makes that thing kinda fun to drive (its still alot slower than the SS though :D)

:seeya: Yup, there's nothing like rowing your own. :driving: A Keisler 650hp T56 would be a dream.  Switching over would not be that bad, you'd have to find a donor base model Silverado (with manual shift) in a wrecking yard and get the steering column & pedal assembly; although there might be a difference in the wiring harness to the column but aside from the neutral safety stuff I seriously doubt that.  A couple PCM tuning changes might have to be made.  The hardest part of the entire swap IMO would be figuring out what to do with the center console (who the hell needs cupholders :dunno:) although a creative person with time/money could fab-up a suitable replacement.

Mr. P. :)

Isn't the case longer on the 2wd 6 speed tranny vs. the 4wd 5 speeds? I thought 4wd transmissions were shorter???

who cares... just make the tranny fit and then fit the driveshaft's to the proper length...

If only it were that easy... You're talking about moving the transfer case back and getting new driveshafts made, but there's quite possibly a lot more to it than that.

If the trans doesn't have the same output shaft diameter/length (which it most likely doesn't), a new one would have to be made.

Trans to transfer case bolt pattern is most likely different, which would require a machined adapter plate to mount the cases together.

Custom trans mount/transfer case mount to mount them to the chassis.