Brand new gun owner!

r8rs4lf

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have purchased one of the finest and most reliable pistols made. Our department issues the Sig P229 in .40 S&W. We have been carrying them since around 1991 and have not had one break or malfunction. Any malfunctions that did occur were determined to be operator error. :thumbs::thumbs:

very nice choice. youll have years of enjoyment with it. is that the 5" or 4.5"?

It's the 4.4".

Anyone want to tell me the main differences between the 9mm, .357, and .40 S&W? My next one will more than likely be the P229 because it's small and I have a choice of how it can come.

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

the only more reliable pistols would probally be a glock, but i would have to say that they just don't feel as good.

imo i am not a glock fan ive had more jam on me than any other gun. it does depend on the ammo and amount the gun has been used but imo i wouldnt buy a glock to save my life.

nice choice alex, now did you buy a membership to your range?? id like to have a sig they are pretty nice from what little i have used them so far.

the only more reliable pistols would probally be a glock, but i would have to say that they just don't feel as good.

imo i am not a glock fan ive had more jam on me than any other gun. it does depend on the ammo and amount the gun has been used but imo i wouldnt buy a glock to save my life.

nice choice alex, now did you buy a membership to your range?? id like to have a sig they are pretty nice from what little i have used them so far.

I didn't even know that there were memberships to a range. :jester:

As a matter of fact, I went to my local range to shoot a couple of guns under the advice of my partner and they turned me away. They told me I needed one person with me to rent any gun. :dunno: I asked why and he told me that he had three different cases were someone came in and rented a gun and ended up commiting suicide in the range. I was like whoa! :crazy: Anyways, I never got a chance to shoot this model gun, but from all the information I've read, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. :thumbs:

As for the Glock, my dad also has one of those. He went through this gun phase back in the day. :crackup: I myself didn't like it too much, it just didn't feel right in my hand. I think alot of people like it because it's like a fad gun. You always hear of them in movies and videos. :D

wait till you start tucking, the glock is very smooth, nothing to make it difficult to wear. I dont know if you are CCW or not but having a smooth gun helps. Ammo is everything, cheap stuff is just asking for problems, espically in a glock. any gun is cool to have, they hold their value.