Brand new gun owner!

r8rs4lf

Was that the total after everything or before taxes and such?

nah, that was just the gun. i don't know how much it was with tax and everything, i'm at work right now, i'll have to look at the reciept when i get home. i bought a bunch of other misc. items as well like ammo, ear muffs, and a cleaning kit.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the total after everything or before taxes and such?

nah, that was just the gun. i don't know how much it was with tax and everything, i'm at work right now, i'll have to look at the reciept when i get home. i bought a bunch of other misc. items as well like ammo, ear muffs, and a cleaning kit.

The 220ST is an excellent pistol, very accurate straight from the factory. I've been stocking up on 10 round mags (California thing) for a while now. Also, get yourself a range bag. I have an iShot range bag myself and have been very happy with it.

I have a question if anyone knows.  My USP has two 12 round mags that came with it but they have etched on them "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY".  :confused:

Is there some states that only allow lower capacity magazines?

They used to be restricted under the 1994 AWB, but since the 1994 assault weapons ban sunset in 2004, they are legal to have ... stamped mags are now like any other hicap mag ... however on the mag capacity thing there are several states that have their own laws governing capacity ...

and on the 10 rd P220ST statement above, I thought the P220 had a single stack mag in 7 or 8 round capacity depending on the mag manufacturer? :confused:

I have a question if anyone knows.  My USP has two 12 round mags that came with it but they have etched on them "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY".  :confused:

In California you're not allowed to have magazines over 10 rounds. :shakehead:

and on the 10 rd P220ST statement above, I thought the P220 had a single stack mag in 7 or 8 round capacity depending on the mag manufacturer?  :confused:

The factory mags are 8 rounds. Aftermarket mags come in 7 and 8 rounds as well. Sig makes 10 round single stack mags for the 220.

and on the 10 rd P220ST statement above, I thought the P220 had a single stack mag in 7 or 8 round capacity depending on the mag manufacturer?  :confused:

The factory mags are 8 rounds. Aftermarket mags come in 7 and 8 rounds as well. Sig makes 10 round single stack mags for the 220.

speaking of P220 magazines, i just went to Cabellas, gander mt., and ace sporting goods and none of them even carried these magazines. i had to order them from sig's site at 40 bucks a pop. ouch. i ordered a 7rd, 8rd, & 10rd clips.

I have a question if anyone knows.  My USP has two 12 round mags that came with it but they have etched on them "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY".   :confused:

They used to be restricted under the 1994 AWB, but since the 1994 assault weapons ban sunset in 2004, they are legal to have ... stamped mags are now like any other hicap mag ... however on the mag capacity thing there are several states that have their own laws governing capacity ...

and on the 10 rd P220ST statement above, I thought the P220 had a single stack mag in 7 or 8 round capacity depending on the mag manufacturer? :confused:

:withstupid:

I would also check out your states gun laws. Even thought the ban has been lifted, Mass. still enacts strict gun laws. Only persons with and LTC A may have High Capacity weapons. Everyone else must be 10 and Under or 5 and under long gun.

speaking of P220 magazines, i just went to Cabellas, gander mt., and ace sporting goods and none of them even carried these magazines. i had to order them from sig's site at 40 bucks a pop. ouch. i ordered a 7rd, 8rd, & 10rd clips.

You can buy non-high cap mags for many many guns on eBay. :thumbs:

speaking of P220 magazines, i just went to Cabellas, gander mt., and ace sporting goods and none of them even carried these magazines.  i had to order them from sig's site at 40 bucks a pop.  ouch.  i ordered a 7rd, 8rd, & 10rd clips.

Bro, do yourself a favor and go to that Sig forum site that I posted. Under the classified section, there is a guy named USAOZ. Here is the thread, he seels them for $36.00 a pop for the 10 rounders and that includes shipping. There are alot of deals and information on that site. That is where I got my tactical rail light, range bag, ammo, mags, etc. I know that TopGun supply had some used 10 rounders for a real good price, something like $19.99 a each.

I've heard that Sig takes way too long to ship out items. I've never ordered from them, just what I heard.

Edited by r8rs4lf (see edit history)

I have a question if anyone knows.  My USP has two 12 round mags that came with it but they have etched on them "RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY".   :confused:

I hate to nitpick but that is not exactly true. OEM capicity mags were banned for for purchase in Cali in 2000. Most stuff we get now are sent to Cali with lower than stock capacity to meet our law. However you can own all the standard OEM High cap, as this state of mine would call it as you want. As long as they were in your possesion before january 1st 2000. There were many many people that stocked up on mags for guns that they didnt even have at the time that are now glad they did! lol. Now having mags with LEO only etched on them is a dead give away that you didnt have them before the ban. Funny thing about the mag law is, the burden of proof in not on you, law inforcement has to prove that you were not in possesion of the mags before the ban, that can often be a hard thing to do.

Again, sorry for the nitpick, just want fellow gun owners to have the best info in hand that they can.

A note on the 220 ST. I Love those things! I need to get one for my self to add to the 1911's I have. Yeah those 1911's are getting lonely,. I think the need a new friend! * hope my wife falls for that lol*

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

I hate to nitpick but that is not exactly true. OEM capicity mags were banned for for purchase in Cali in 2000. Most stuff we get now are sent to Cali with lower than stock capacity to meet our law. However you can own all the standard OEM High cap, as this state of mine would call it as you want. As long as they were in your possesion before january 1st 2000. There were many many people that stocked up on mags for guns that they didnt even have at the time that are now glad they did! lol. Now having mags with LEO only etched on them is a dead give away that you didnt have them before the ban. Funny thing about the mag law is, the burden of proof in not on you, law inforcement has to prove that you were not in possesion of the mags before the ban, that can often be a hard thing to do.

Again, sorry for the nitpick, just want fellow gun owners to have the best info in hand that they can.

A note on the 220 ST. I Love those things! I need to get one for my self to add to the 1911's I have. Yeah those 1911's are getting lonely,. I think the need a new friend! * hope my wife falls for that lol*

Very true. I had forgotten that condition about having them before the ban went into effect. Similar to being able to own a banned "assault weapon" so long as it was registered with the state before the ban.

just an FYI since this post has gone this way...

# Hawaii: No magazine above 10 rounds.

# Maryland: No magazine above 20 rounds.

# Massachusetts: No magazine above 10 rounds.

# New Jersey: No magazine above 15 rounds.

# New York: No magazine above 10 rounds.

# Washington DC: No magazine above 10 rounds.

# Toledo, OH: No magazine above 10 rounds.

# Chicago, IL: No magazine above 12 rounds.

# Cincinnati, OH: No magazine above 15 rounds.

# Aurora, IL: No magazine above 15 rounds.

# South Bend, IN: No magazine above 15 rounds.

# California: No magazine above 10 rounds

:withstupid:

I would also check out your states gun laws. Even thought the ban has been lifted, Mass. still enacts strict gun laws. Only persons with and LTC A may have High Capacity weapons. Everyone else must be 10 and Under or 5 and under long gun.

Well, if that were the case in Iowa then you wouldn't think a gun dealer would sell them. I bought the USP from Scheel's it's a huge sporting goods store and I doubt they'd want to ruin any of their business by selling illegal magazines.