programmers

04GangiSS

I am looking for the best programmer on the market...which one is that? Also I'm new with the whole PCMforless thing...can someone explain that to me? I would like to have the ability to retune my engine back to stock for warranty reasons…which is the best way to go? I would prefer a handheld.

handhelds are worthless IMO. The whole warranty thing will probably never come up. It'a waste of money to purchase a handheld. You get very little performance for the amount of money you spend. A mail-order tune is better and probably the best option for a stock SS. Once you start modding that can change depending on what mods you add. Mail-order tunes are still pretty good for most bolt ons but once you add FI you're going to most likely need a dyno tune unless you can provide your mail-order tuner data logs which will require tunnning software. Get a mail-order tune till you're ready to add major HP and you'll be fine. pcmforless is a mail-order tuner. You pay for tune and they send you a tuned pcm and you send them your pcm. Pretty simple but can be a pain if you constantly mod like most of us do. Not sure which handheld is the best. I've only tried one and it was alright. It was a superchips handheld.

Archived