Pacesetter Headers on the Way!

bake90

I just ordered a set of pacesetters direct from Jet-Hot. I have searched all over the site and didn't really find an answer/recommendation to what I am looking for. For the moment all I am doing is an Outlaw Intake, Pacesetters, and a custom tune. I will be saving for a supercharger in the future. (How far in the future is still unknown)

1) I keep hearing that the stock cats flow pretty well, but what is the I.D. of the stock cats and how well will they work with the 3" collector of the Pacesetters? Should I keep the stockers, get high flows, or gut the stock cats? I want the appearance of a cat, but don't really care if it is hollow. NC is a computer test state so as long as it passes a visual and doesn't throw any codes I'm good.

2) I am looking to do and X or H Pipe and stay dual all the way back to dual Magnaflow Mufflers and dumping it under the bed. What I.D. of Pipe/Mufflers do you recommend?

Any recommendations and info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again!

The stock exhuast is 2 1/2". With headers installed the the cats will not fit in the stock locations. You will need some custom exhuast work to keep them, thy are definitly not bolt in. I have them in my truck, but Fl does not any inspections :D I dont have any cats, i bought the flowmaster ball flange connectors and they are in the cats place.

I know it's not a direct bolt on. And I am under the impression the stock exhaust is 2.75" back to the muffler. I was just curious if the cats were also 2.75"? Also didn't know if I should do 3" all the way back or if that is a bad idea? Thanks!

Nobody has any advice? :dunno: I have done more reading and am hearing that you lose low end power if you go with a 3" exhaust. I have also read that this could possibly be fixed with a good tune. I just want to make sure I am doing what is best. I still haven't found the I.D. of the stock cats. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :flag: