Test & Tune

vdrumright

I went to the Pure Stock Races today and after it was over there was test & tune.

Here is my fastest time.

r/t.....095

1/8.....8.123

1/4.....12.808

MPH....104.44

My time has fallen off a little since last visit to the track, but I added headers and haven't had any serious tuning done since and I am having a traction issue off the line.

I was able to log this run with HP tuners and have sent the file to Zippy. I'm sure he will get me dialed in..... :thumbs:

I made a total of 6 runs-12.994, 12.934, 12,961, 12.808, 12.924, and 12.922

After pondering about what to do about my traction issue I decided to order some Caltracs today.

I couldn't justify spending 6-800 dollars on tires that I would only use several times a year and have to deal with changing every time I go to the track.

caltracsbar.gif

I received my caltracs today. Any installation tips from guys that have installed these before?

They were very easy to install (Just put mine on Wednesday) I had to get a different bar though as the one they sent ended up being to long. One suggestion I would make is run the bar in the top hole of the bracket on the hanger side as it puts the bar at a greater angle and it will make the initial hit harder. Also Once you get them on I would suggest leaving the driverside in a nutral possition (No load) and the passanger side I would put in a nutral position and then tighten it about a 1/2 a turn and start from there and see if the truck tries to pull to one side.

I received my caltracs today. Any installation tips from guys that have installed these before?

They were very easy to install (Just put mine on Wednesday) I had to get a different bar though as the one they sent ended up being to long. One suggestion I would make is run the bar in the top hole of the bracket on the hanger side as it puts the bar at a greater angle and it will make the initial hit harder. Also Once you get them on I would suggest leaving the driverside in a nutral possition (No load) and the passanger side I would put in a nutral position and then tighten it about a 1/2 a turn and start from there and see if the truck tries to pull to one side.

Did you order the 3400 kit?

Did you order the 3400 kit?

I guess it is probably the same kit. The only difference between kits for the 99+ trucks should be the bar length. It all depends on if you truck is lowered or stock height, short bed or long etc. The brackets are the same. I'll look at my invoice when I get home to make sure. The biggest pain is getting the bolt out of the driverside hanger. I cut it off and just got a new one and put it in the opposite way (nut on the iside towards the tank) Just out of curiosty what length bar did they send you? My original ones were 30"

Archived