Dynatech LT's & MSD wires...

Posi12Bolt

the driver side header design is very tight on the back 2 plug wires...  :banghead:

its gonna ruin 2 of my MSD wires so what is everyone doing to save there wires from destruction by there header pipes???

~Brian  :cheers:

zip ties for me. I zip tie the back 2 plugs at the top to each other, then run a zip tie through that to the truck. works good so far. I've thought about getting some boots for the plug wires. I think someone on here ordered a couple long plug wires from MSD or magnecore, not sure who

I modified a 2 plug wire retainer bracket that I had laying around from something else and attached it to a stud on the valve cover and angled it down, which kept the wires from touching the pipes and worked for a while. The wires eventually got too hot though and started missing at high RPM. Then I added a pair of those white heat socks, in addition with the retainer, and haven't had a problem since (about 6 months I think). I can take a couple pics later if you want.

This is the one thing I don't like about the Dynas. Someone told me they changed the design of that upward #3 pipe on the driver's side because of this problem, so it looks like the passenger side, but I guess not.

I modified a 2 plug wire retainer bracket that I had laying around from something else and attached it to a stud on the valve cover and angled it down, which kept the wires from touching the pipes and worked for a while.  The wires eventually got too hot though and started missing at high RPM.  Then I added a pair of those white heat socks, in addition with the retainer, and haven't had a problem since (about 6 months I think).  I can take a couple pics later if you want.

This is the one thing I don't like about the Dynas.  Someone told me they changed the design of that upward #3 pipe on the driver's side because of this problem, so it looks like the passenger side, but I guess not.

what size heat sock did you use? Got a link to them?

what size heat sock did you use? Got a link to them?

A friend had them left over from something, they were just big enough to get the wires into them. Nothing fancy, but it works.

I need to get a couple. I noticed after I put my headers on the SS seems to miss at high rmps. Good to know that's probably the reason.