General Grabber UHP

CoolBlueSS

I was down to those two also and opted for the Grabbers. Considerably cheaper and good reviews. Love 'em so far (2K miles); big improvement in handling from the stockers. Sharp curves are a real kick now! :cheers:

I just got my UHP's a few months ago and love them. I got mine in a shorter aspect ratio though, so I can't tell you about ride comfort or handling in stock sizes. 275/45/20 instead of 275/55/20's. They are quiet and handle rain/snow much better than the stock bricks though.

Just got them put on last Saturday morning. So far, so good, but it's just a couple of days. Definitely a vast improvement over the worn out OE Goodyears. They have a stiffer sidewall, so it is a noticably stiffer ride, which equates to better handling and road control. It doesn't road walk as bad either, and it handles bumps much better. I'll know more as time goes on. :thumbs:

• 10 months later...

I bought the Generals before my road trip to Florida (from Pennsylvania) and I have to say that they performed flawlessly. I did the research and thats what I decided on. I put 2200 miles on the tires in 1 week. They are quiet and grippy. They also handle the crazy southeastern rainstorms beatifully. How does doing 85-90 mph on a drenched fourlane sound, with no slipping whatsoever. It sounds crazy, but these tires are great, but maybe not as pretty as the LS1 Goodyears. I do like the looks of the originals, but i hate the way the new LS2s look with the silly sidewalls. Just my $.02.

yea its an old thread..sorry...

I just bought 4 General Grabber UHP 275/55/20 and these tires seem huge compared to my stock tires. Also they are rubbing....any suggestions or others had this problem?

i do not currently own g-grabber uhp's, but i have owned them in the past when i still had my stockers.. and they rubbed quite a bit in tight radius maneuvers. they're great tires but they do wear rather fast.

i was thinking about getting these tires as well...yall are talking about rubbing, is that with your truck lowered? or just stock....also are they as good as the goodyears when it comes to towing ratings?

they rubbed when i was stock.. sold them before i dropped the truck.