Gaylord X2000 - how to program the remote?

I'm wondering how to program the remote that is included with the X2000 to lock/unlock the doors also. Can you program it just like a factory remote? It has enough buttons on it and I'd like to just carry the 1 remote.

What remote .....................i thought it gets wired in to your existing power lock system

The X2000 came with a remote with 4 buttons on it. One for the electronic latch release for the cover, one button for the light, and 2 other non-used buttons (at least on mine they don't work) which could be used for lock/unlock doors. Its not a GM remote so I wasn't sure if I could program these other 2 buttons like I would a factory GM remote. Trying to just be able to use the 1 Gaylords remote instead of carrying both.

i did not recieve the remote control .................... :banghead:

Hmm, I think it should be included in the X2000 standard features and options. Give Gaylords a call and tell them yours didn't come with one and hopefully they will send it. Heres the stock remote on the left and the Gaylords on the right. You can see what I'm talking about having enough buttons to just use the 1 Gaylord remote instead of having to carry both. Just need to know if you can program the lock unlock buttons like you would for the stock remote. If no one here knows, I may have to call Gaylords and ask them what I need to do to program it.

103890.jpg

I have an after market alarm/remote car starter. It has a connection to the trunk circut so I just spliced the wires to the rear where the transponder is for the lid and now it activates the lid solenoid. may not really help you situation but there are two wires that can connect to the lock function in the cab under the dash. I cut them and hooked them to the solenoid but you could reverse what i did and put those two wires to the lock relay. no alarm activation though.

I wouldn't use the gaylords remote though, ery restrictive on distance.