Cloth Seats

JohnnySlideRR

Been using the search button to see if there were many 05 SS with cloth seats.

Looking at a 05 SS with the chrome wheels, tow package, duel climate zone, but does not have the leather seats, steering wheel control buttons. I was just thinking is this a cheaper SS or what's the differance? Help please! I was looking to buy next week if this truck is the real deal. Also any numbers on the VIN a tell tell sign of being an SS other than 8th being N for the 6.0?

Been using the search button to see if there were many 05 SS with cloth seats. 

Looking at a 05 SS with the chrome wheels, tow package, duel climate zone, but does not have the leather seats, steering wheel control buttons.  I was just thinking is this a cheaper SS or what's the differance? Help please! I was looking to buy next week if this truck is the real deal.  Also any numbers on the VIN a tell tell sign of being an SS other than 8th being N for the 6.0?

its a SSS i have one just like you....i was pretty disapointed but theres always a silver lining...

PC091646.jpg

that was then....

this is now...

truckinterior1.jpg

the one that I'm looking at getting is just like your old interior was. I guess that another option that the customer would have like the sliding back glass, moon roof, 6 indash CD, blah blah...... Another thing I'm wondering about is the radio...... is two in to one.... CD and cassette? It says it have both but where is one or the other??

i got basic set up man....the damn truck was supposed to be shipped over seas for the military but they just forget about it....it was sitting in the lot for over a year and i got it cleared to bring home. so um...well no options...i got a cd player and dual climate control but no cool things like bose, moonroof, power seats etc. but well...the truck has changed a bit since then :cheers:

i got basic set up man....the damn truck was supposed to be shipped over seas for the military but they just forget about it....it was sitting in the lot for over a year and i got it cleared to bring home. so um...well no options...i got a cd player and dual climate control but no cool things like bose, moonroof, power seats etc. but well...the truck has changed a bit since then  :cheers:

Wow, I didn't know that. I thought all the SSS were the same interior-wise.

Yeah I thought so too that all SS interiors were the same.  So you don't have any badges on the inside at all?? What about the white face gages?? The one that I'll be getting soon sounds alot like yours.... The basic.

yeah i got the gauges and the interior badge...just no sunroof or xm, or other crap like that

the way you can look at it is you have more of a reason to add stuff.....i got no leather so i went a step further i got a really sorry ass stereo so i saved up and now im installing a full on bad ass high end stereo all these things i wouldnt have bothered doing because i already had a decent set up and i wouldve been content...be warned though....your wallet will get lighter

Edited by drako (see edit history)

The SSS was originally loaded with options, however they were sticker-priced at over $43K; sales in the first 18-months were horrible and there were a lot of dealers with brand new never driven 2003 SSS on the lot for over a year, even as late as 2005. So GM re-marketed the truck by adding even more options and deletes to the order form, beginning in late 2004 you could substitute 2WD for AWD, and in 2005 you could substitute cloth for leather etc. So there are a lot of later SS's that dealers ordered without XM, Onstar, sunroof, leather, etc to price it down in the low-$30K range. The Intimidator IMO stays pretty true to the original SS marketing concept as an all-options truck, and those few trucks were priced at the original expensive SSS price.

Mr. P.

The first 05 SS 2wd (red) I bought was pretty basic. NO sunroof, NO steering wheel controls, NO xm radio, NO onstar, Nothing really. It did have white face gauges and the SS logo on the dash. Also had silver wheels instead of chrome.

I liked this setup because I was not planning on having the XM with my indash dvd head unit I have. The steering/audio controls dont work with my aftermarket HU, and I also planned on Katzkin interior.

Anyways I ended up getting the Silver one I have now and it came equipped with XM radio (which is useless now) steering controls (audio is disabled) power folding mirrors with turn signal, power cloth seats, and the chrome wheels (which I will be getting rid of soon).

If I would have gotten it fully loaded I would have left the factory leather seats, but the cloth gives me reason to change to Katzkins :cheers:

Edited by OUT2WIN (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

guys, bringing this one back from the grave. Have any of you noticed that the leather seats seem a lot more plush vs teh cloth seats? I have cloth is my 01 silverado and just drove my dad's 04. His seats seemed so much softer and much more plush and still has better side support. My truck is an ls, but I can't think they would put a different seat in a LS vs LT style truck? I would love to get the SS seats in my truck after sitting in those!!