Our baby is premature

Pasadena SS

Last night about 11:30pm my girlfiend gave birth to our daughter MaryJayne Sally Penn. She was born 2 months early due to an mysterious infection that no one can

really tell me about. MaryJanye is only 2lbs 10.7ounces. and 15 inches long. She's as

healthy as a 7 months old baby can be. My girlfriend is doing well. She's recovering now and as for me I'm a wreck. I'm home to take a shower and head back to the Hospitol. I don't have all the details right now but I'll keep you updated.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night about 11:30pm my girlfriend gave birth to our daughter MaryJayne Sally Penn. She was born 2 months early due to an mysterious infection that no one can

really tell me about. MaryJayne is only 2 lbs 10.7 ounces. and 15 inches long. She's as

healthy as a 7 months old baby can be. My girlfriend is doing well. She's recovering now and as for me I'm a wreck. I'm home to take a shower and head back to the Hospital. I don't have all the details right now but I'll keep you updated.

Congratulations on the Birth ,One of my Daughters was a Pre mi 3 lb 2 oz almost 7 months to the Day.

That was or will be 24 years ago on 10/3 .She stayed at the hospital for 2 more months before we were able to bring her home .It was a trying time 4 us and I know how you must feel, they are so small and you see the way that the nurse handle them it makes you want to scream .But the little people are tougher than you think .Ill never forget all the tubes n stuff going in and out of her little body. She has 2 children now and is as tough as nails .Just talk to MaryJane and tell her how much u love her and cant wait till she comes home ,Im sure everything will turn out fine.Our prayers are with ya.

Just keep the faith, God bless you and your Family

Congratulations on the Birth ,One of my Daughters was a Pre mi 3 lb 2 oz almost 7 months to the Day.

That was or will be 24 years ago on 10/3 .She stayed at the hospital for 2 more months before we were able to bring her home .It was a trying time 4 us and I know how you must feel, they are so small and you see the way that the nurse handle them it makes you want to scream .But the little people are tougher than you think .Ill never forget all the tubes n stuff going in and out of her little body. She has 2 children now  and is as tough as nails .Just talk to MaryJane and tell her how much u love her and cant wait till she comes home ,Im sure everything will turn out fine.Our prayers are with ya.

Just  keep the faith, God bless you and your Family

Good advice right there. Congrats are due :cheers: It really sucks now ... but shortly it will all fade away and you will enjoy every minute with each other. I hope every runs smoothly from here on out and you guys are able to relax a little bit. Those are some stressful times. We had some complications with our first little boy about 3 months ago. He is just now getting back to normal and enjoying life. What a rough time. Don't forget to take time out for Mom and Dad. Congrats again :thumbs:

OMG what an emotional situation. I'm happy for you, congratulations on your new baby. As long as she stay's healthy and puts on the weight it'll be ok in the end. When will you be able to hold her?

Mr. P.

im sure shell be great! congrats on your newborn get ready for even more staying up late and never sleeping. on the bright side when you see them smile the world doesnt matter. i was born a month premature, although i was a bit heavy :) however my sister was born close to three months early. we all turned out a.o.k. :cheers:

Congrats :cheers: As others have stated, take time for your girlfriend and you, stay informed/involved at the hospital and read/hold/talk to your daugther as much as you can. My twins were born 28 weeks, 2 lb 2 oz & 2 lb 6 oz. 7 + years later you would never know that they were premature. :D

Edited by jethro_3 (see edit history)