Rattling noise under dash????

Outsource

Yeah! Its pissin me off, I thought it was my lever to open the hood but its not. I've held it while goin over bumps but i can still hear it down there somewhere else. Is yours in that same area?

Not sure. I haven't tried hold it. I've moved my left foot around presssing it a box (not sure what it is) that seemed loose, but I still get the rattle. It drives me crazy too!

Had the same problem. :banghead: If it sounds like its coming from behind your dash(instrument gauges), try pulling on the emergencey cable outside underneath the truck. I took mine to the dealership and the service manager knew what it was right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, now I have the rattle. It doesn't do it all the time but when it does, it's annoying as all hell. It seems like it's coming from just behind the glove box but I've opened and shut it, taken everything out of it and drove, and it still does it.

talking about rattles, has anyone had something in the drivers side door rattle when the window is 1/4 to 1/2 way down?  :mad:

:withstupid: Mine rattles all the time. Never noticed before.

But then again I never noticed the "clunk" in my driveshaft until I read all the posts about it :P

I had the rattle coming from the passenger side somewhere, I thought it was the glove box but I tried everything and couldn't find it. Finally by banging on the glove box I noticed it was coming from the latch on the glove box. There is a little spring (or something, can't see it) behind the glove box handle that was rattling against the handle itself. I put a little piece of duck tape to hold it secure on the back of the handle and no more rattle! I was about to go crazy.