just got my ss looking for some help

ssgamble

i just got my ss and im loving it. i wanting to make it a lil faster though so im looking for some advice. im not a complete noob when it comes to car stuff. what would everyone say is the best bang for your buck. basically i wanna be a lil

faster not looking to be the king of the road but i dont wanna spend alot of money for like supercharger. programmer? cut-outs? i would love to do motor work to it but i dont wanna sacrifice fuel economy. all thoughts and suggestions welcome.

search it, lots of info, just have to look, unfortunately seems like the more expensive stuff is the best bang for buck, a lot of the cheaper stuff is not going to get you much, but will make you feel like your faster, give you more confidence about modding your truck, and also probably get you addicted, but yeah, just search it and read the bolt ons section

It's really going to depend on how much you're going to want to spend... but alot of people (most of them) will tell you to definitely go for a CAI (cold air intake), exhaust, headers, and a tune. ;)

The CAI shouldn't cost you too much... it'll depend on what brand you're looking for. Probably between $200-$450. ($450 is kinda pushing it) ;)

For exhaust, prices will vary... though alot of people will tell you that a Corsa Sport system is probably the way to go. But everyone has their own opinions on exhaust.......( Exhaust Recommendations ) or you can... (Click here for pics of a Corsa system and sounds clips!!)

Headers is where it's going to start to get expensive... but in my own personal opinion... go for either JBA (supposive 25-30HP gains)(shorties though) or some LT's.

For a tune, you can either have a handheld programmer such as Hypertech or Diablo... though many on here would probably recommend a custom tune from PCM4Less.

Hope that helps!! :thumbs:

if you want the best bang for your buck right off the bat and dont plan to mod much more go straight for a tune, i recommend zippy performance, he is a member here just send him a personal message and he will hook you up for a great deal. if your planning on doing the little mods like cai,headers and exhaust do those first and then do the tune. if you have an 05+ id recomend getting a 160 thermostat and having them turn down your e fan on/off setting to run your engine cooler and get some performance their by adding a few more degrees of timing. another good way to tune would be to buy hptuners right off the bat and you then could just update your tune to take advantage of the mods you will do, it will also monitor all of the setting and sensors on your truck which is a very good thing, plus you can use it on obd2 gm vehicles to check and scan/clear dtc codes.

if you want the best bang for your buck right off the bat and dont plan to mod much more go straight for a tune, i recommend zippy performance, he is a member here just send him a personal message and he will hook you up for a great deal. if your planning on doing the little mods like cai,headers and exhaust do those first and then do the tune. if you have an 05+ id recomend getting a 160 thermostat and having them turn down your e fan on/off setting to run your engine cooler and get some performance their by adding a few more degrees of timing. another good way to tune would be to buy hptuners right off the bat and you then could just update your tune to take advantage of the mods you will do, it will also monitor all of the setting and sensors on your truck which is a very good thing, plus you can use it on obd2 gm vehicles to check and scan/clear dtc codes.

thanks for the advice. im not too worried about the scanning and clearing codes part, i work at a chevrolet dealership :) i was thinking CAI, corsa exhaust, headers, and maybe some cut-outs. cant forget the tune eventually

Archived