Radix is installed!

Hey Everyone!

I would just like to share some info on our first Radix experience! First of all I got in touch with Frank from Revolution & he hooked me up with the Radix kit/gauges, very impressed with product. Frank himself - great guy, great to deal with & will go out of his way for the customer - thanks Frank! My partner & I installed our first Radix kit on a 2005 5.3L Avalanche, with stock 3.4" pulley making around 7 pounds of boost! After kit was installed - next step test drive! Was very impressed with the performance gains, according to my new Digimoto software that calculates quarter mile times we dropped 2.2 seconds in the quarter!

That was all great until only 2 day's later Tranny issues! No second gear! :banghead: I dropped the truck off at our Chev dealership & unfortunatly the Customer's truck ran out of warranty, but the dealership checked it out & suspect second gear clutch pack is gone! I don't understand 2 day's with the stock tune from Superchip & we still fried the stock tranny! My next Radix kit is for my SS but this GM transmission issue scares me! I sure don't want to blow my tranny up in 2 short day's like the Avalanche! I sure wish Zippy lived alot closer to us to help us out in strenghtening these trannies!, Again Zippy I'm sure you'll all agreee very knowledgeable guy & always willing to help out! Thanks for the advice Zippy! :thumbs:

Next step I called our local tranny shop & they gave me a quote on a R & R & overhaul to back-up 450 hp @ the crank for about $1500-2000 CD. What do you all think?

P.S. - What I have learned you ask? Make sure to ask/talk to Frank/Zippy about your tranny upgrades before giving it BOOST!

Regards,

SS ON 22S

post-7892-1160268981_thumb.jpg

you should have built the tranny first imo, 4l60e just cant handlt any real power. sorry to sound like a dick but with this many people that have probelms after installing power what do you expect? that price sound fair to R 7 r your tranny , thats about what i paid plus the converter to hanle up to 550-600 hp and warranty for two years. as long as they have good customer srvice and good rep i say go for it.

you should have built the tranny first imo, 4l60e  just cant handlt any real power. sorry to sound like a dick but with this many people that have probelms after installing power what do you expect? that price sound fair to R 7 r your tranny , thats about what i paid plus the converter to hanle up to 550-600 hp and warranty for two years.  as long as they have good customer srvice and good rep i say go for it.

:withstupid:

with all the threads about 60e's giving up the ghost with little to no abuse its a given you'd need the tranny upgrades immedeatly after, if not before, installing the radix.

Sorry to hear that. I think your tranny was about to die anyway. I would be impressed if a radix can ruin a tranny in 2 days. I did the exact same thing to my tranny but it took a few months. I couldnt afford a built tranny at the time but I wish I had. I did however put in a converter while the tranny was out, don't forget that. Good luck.