Brand new to this

mikeyman841

:confused: Ok guys i am real new to this i have a 2003 ss silverado love it. I wan't exhaust but what my question is do i get long tubes then after the long tubes will be about 2 feet of pipe and then the cat . after that i can put an x pipe in and after that ther is the cat after the cat more pipe then i can put dual corsa 40's? dumped alittle before the rear end? is what i am saying possible? and will it sound good? I have done alot of reading on all of the different mufflers to use corsa looks like the best i wan't a solid rumble but no annoying& pull the most power 2inch or three?size pipe there is nothing done to this truck other than a k&n filter But i wan't the full exhaust when i put my supercharger on Can someone please tell me in step how it goes where to get all of this and maybe some prices on all goods or should i wish in one and shit in the other? haha thaks mikey

if your [;amnming on a blower i wouldnt bother with a flowmaster. depending on the money you want to spend you may just want a corsa and some dynatech's if money isnt a big issue if your on a budget go with some pacesetters and have a exhaust fabbed up with a magnaflow. it may give some drone but will spund angry and give you some power. imo stikck to a strait through muffler.

if your [;amnming on a blower i wouldnt bother with a flowmaster.  depending on the money you want to spend you may just want a corsa and some dynatech's if money isnt a big issue if your on a budget go with some pacesetters and have a exhaust fabbed up with a magnaflow. it may give some drone but will spund angry and give you some power. imo stikck to a strait through muffler.

so what if someone is running flowmasters, and ur saying the corsa is a better performer, are u saying all u have to do is chage out the mufflers and there would be a power difference..?

so what if someone is running flowmasters, and ur saying the corsa is a better performer, are u saying all u have to do is chage out the mufflers and there would be a power difference..?
It's hard to beat straight pipe! :D

* you want long-tube headers;

* if you are using cats they have to be right after the collectors or they won't light;

* X-pipe would be cool provided it's installed in the right place;

* you want the intermediate pipe to be either stock 2.5" (N/A) or if running a lot of boost/NOS then 3", I'm not sure what the effect of the larger pipe be on sound/drone level.

For starters. :P

Mr. P. :)

ps - welcome to the forum - post pics of your exhaust when you build it :thumbs:

can you have N/A using 3" pipe?

3" may be alittle much N/A. the very 1st thing i did to mine was a 3" dual setup and i lost a noticable amount of low end power.

i didnt notice any power change...it actually feels stronger...what else did u run for exhaust componants..?

BYN