Replacing the tweeters....

Hello all,

This past weekend I decided to take on the task of replacing the speakers in the truck with the new Infinity Kappa’s (60.7CS for the front and 462.7cfp for the rear) that I bought a while back. The install of the rear and front woofers went well for the most part. Getting the wiring through the flexible rubber hose was kind of challenging though. But now comes the tricky part. I got the tweeters out but found that it looks like I might not be able to use the factory cover, which I was really hopping to do, minimizing people from knowing what I have.

Has anyone replaced the tweeters and still kept the factory covers? If so what did you need to do to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance for any advice / replies.

my infinities fit perfect inside the grill  :dunno:

I wish I could say the same, I tried several ways but couldn't get them to fit. What infinity's did you go with? maybe there is a difference in the reference and kappa's depending on what you got :dunno:

6010cs referance is what I have...my place of business doesn't carry the kappas so I couldn't show with a side by side differance

however one would think that trying to save money, the plastic base housing for the tweeters would be the same for their models

not too bad...use a coat hanger, get it in one shot and I used 12 gauge wire to the cross over boxes and speakers (I know it's overkill but I bought a 100' spool for when I did my subs and didn't know how much I was going to use the price differance at my cost was only $11)

For when you install your set here's some places you could place your crossover boxes (left side inside fuse panel and right side behind and up from the glovebox), and a word from experience, wire your tweeters -3db on the crossovers.

One question for the guys that have used sound deaden material (dynamat, raammat etc) notice in the first pic the scuff on the dash and the grill rubbing...anyone else have that problem? I only went one layer and it's pissing me off with the scuff mark.

post-5274-1160926432_thumb.jpg

post-5274-1160926445_thumb.jpg

you should just be able to press the tweeter right in the grill tabs

both the 60.7cs and the 6010cs have same diameter tweeters

hope this picture gives you a better idea

Thanks for the info and the pic, I'll have to try again. :cheers: