black oxide vs. stainless steel

lucky7_93021

I just got a set of TOG headers and I couldn't find the recommended 608-026 bolts from Breslin so I opted for the 008-026 ones. The difference is the 608 is stainless and the 008 is black oxide.

Now of course, the day the oxide bolts arrive I find a vendor that still sells the 608 stainless steel bolts.

Should I trade or just keep the oxide bolts?

Thanks for the help in advance!

I've been meaning to try the Breslin on our 72 camaro. Using ARP now and have to tighten from time to time. Though I hear it can be lessend but using Earls gaskets, with the gasket material in a metal sandwitch, cant for the life of me rememeber the name.

http://breslinperformance.carshopinc.com/p...d/62285/608-026

Here is a link to breslin's online store. Now it's saying they are out of stock on the S/S bolts. Looks like if you want Breslin you have to go black oxide. I don't think they will look that bad on the TOG headers since the titanium coating makes them kinda grey.

I'd rather put on a bolt like this and have better piece of mind that they won't loosen or leak.. especially with the copper gasket. JMO