i got screwed

rivierakid55

so i thought i was getting a smoking deal on some dynatech headers which i did price wise but apparently these were the old version with the funky upturned 3rd tube on driver side. needless to say i've burnt completely through one sparkplug wire and now on my second (with asbestos insulation) am again running on seven cylinders. i am irritated and don't see an obvious solution to this problem. anybody else got any bright ideas? ive tied the wire as far away as possible but it is still right next to the pipe either way. :dunno:

i would look into a plug wire setup that you cut the wire and crimp the end ons that way you can get the exact right kit. im not sure who makes one but i know they are out there.

i would look into a plug wire setup that you cut the wire and crimp the end ons that way you can get the exact right kit. im not sure who makes one but i know they are out there.

MSD has the wires you will need to cut and crimp yourself. Buy a bigger set of wire stripping pliers for them the crimper that comes with isnt as good as the pliers crimper. Also make sure you get the ls style boots. I still need to get them, use a little wd 40 when sliding the boots over the wire it makes it very very easy.

sorry for editing i catch my mistakes after i submit it...

so i thought i was getting a smoking deal on some dynatech headers which i did price wise but apparently these were the old version with the funky upturned 3rd tube on driver side.  needless to say i've burnt completely through one sparkplug wire and now on my second (with asbestos insulation) am again running on seven cylinders.  i am irritated and don't see an obvious solution to this problem.  anybody else got any bright ideas?  ive tied the wire as far away as possible but it is still right next to the pipe either way.  :dunno:

I fixed that problem on mine by zip tieing(sp?) the back two plug wires together and then to the truck. I also slipped some 2 boots over each wire. so far so good. if the zip ties break the boots should last for a little while. Sure sucks to see you ran into the same problem. How did you get stuck with the old model. PM me if you don't want to post that. :D

so i thought i was getting a smoking deal on some dynatech headers which i did price wise but apparently these were the old version with the funky upturned 3rd tube on driver side.  needless to say i've burnt completely through one sparkplug wire and now on my second (with asbestos insulation) am again running on seven cylinders.  i am irritated and don't see an obvious solution to this problem.  anybody else got any bright ideas?  ive tied the wire as far away as possible but it is still right next to the pipe either way.   :dunno:

I fixed that problem on mine by zip tieing(sp?) the back two plug wires together and then to the truck. I also slipped some 2 boots over each wire. so far so good. if the zip ties break the boots should last for a little while. Sure sucks to see you ran into the same problem. How did you get stuck with the old model. PM me if you don't want to post that. :D

i dont mind saying :uhoh: (sort of) there is a company selling them online right now for $899.00. yes they are the old style and yes they are $250.00 better than tbyrne's group purchase price. to me i didn't care if they were the old style as everyone i noticed that had them on here probably had the old style and seemed to like them just fine except for the funky #3 pipe. i didnt want to say anything last week as i know tbyrne is a member and was hyping up there "great group purchase" for $1149.00 i think. :nonod:

You can get yourself the taylor vertex wire set that you crimp the ends yourself.. it runs around 100 bucks summit or jegs can get it for you just be sure to specify what you have for the towers.. then cut your own wires to length then you can route them the heck out of the way. Also I suggest trying like a marine supply they sell the thermal silocone boots that they use for the heavy gauge wires that go near the exhaust on boats and such.. I found a place in mich that sells it by the foot.. its not cheap but worth every penny.

recommendation on aftermarket lonnnnggggg wires???

:withstupid:

:mad: ~Brian

you already took out those msd's huh?

just 1

its not burnt all the way through... but aint gonna last forever...

burnt through 2 zip ties already though....

I just need ONE longer wire... :banghead:

~Brian

I installed mine and i don't have any issues at all with plug wires.  the o2 sensor extension was the only problem, they sent me the wrong one.

that was one problem i didnt have. my 02's bolted right in even though they said "dynatech" that they hadnt test fit for an 06 2wd yet. my only other complaint is that i think i need some more support as on a hard launch or big bump i hear some nasty clunking underneath from the crossmember section i guess.

Archived