Wheel size Performance

i couldnt really place this subject, either here or appearance, so correct me if im wrong...but anyway, im looking to upgrade the wheels to 22's. how does it effect the performance, i.e top end and low end...does it make a diff...id hate to lose anything...lemme know...thanks alot

Edited by BreakYaNeckSS (see edit history)

i couldnt  really place this subject, either here or appearance, so correct me if im wrong...but anyway, im looking to upgrade the wheels to 22's. how does it effect the performance, i.e  top end and low end...does it make a diff...id hate to lose anything...lemme know...thanks alot

depends, is the wheel heavier then stock? thats your biggest factor.

Depends on 2 things:

1) Weight...the BIG factor. Heavier = slower, no way around that.

2) Overall tire diameter. Smaller = faster acceleration, bigger = slower.

Weight is what to be REALLY concerned with.

Billet wheels cost a ton...b/c they are light and strong.

So buy nice wheels...cheap-o's are usually really heavy. And tire weights vary A LOT...look at websites to see which ones in your desired size are lightest, for best performance.

- Brian

keep your eye out on ebay i got mine 22 motoforge 22x10 for 1300, which is awesome for 29lb wheels , but they still weight alot , about 8-9 lbs lighter than stock wheels and tires, i still ran a 12.7 with them but when i changed to the 18's i lost 25lbs PER WHEEL!!!

keep your eye out on ebay i got mine 22 motoforge 22x10 for 1300, which is awesome for 29lb wheels , but they still weight alot , about 8-9 lbs lighter than stock wheels and tires, i still ran a 12.7 with them but when i changed to the 18's i lost 25lbs PER WHEEL!!!

ill keep my eyes open, i appreciate the input chase...

On the weight issue - the weight of the rim is only part of the problem; 22" tires are quite a bit heavier than 20's, I was surprised.

Mr. P.

On the weight issue - the weight of the rim is only part of the problem; 22" tires are quite a bit heavier than 20's, I was surprised.

Mr. P.

definatly ,

sorrry vdrumright, i dont read the sholw thing sometimes, i went with 18;s because i have the alumasports. if you can can fit 16's id use them the smaller and lighter the wheel the better. also depending on how much power your making will be a factor in deceiding a good tire size , i dont know how im doing it but im getting no spin with 245/40/18 tires, although i have to do a nice awd burnout to get them nice a sticky they are working good thus far, i know if i add any more power to it though i will have problems hooking, imo i am looking to go to a 285 or 295 45-50 series. it just depends on the rim size you go with. the smaller the tire the better your acceleration will be. so pick a rim size that you would go with and go from there. another thing is when picking a rim, make sure it is wide enough to fit a good size tire on it, that is where i messed up i have 8.5 and any thing over about 285 i am not going to be able to fit. ive been keeping my eye out for a nice set of weld 18 x 9.5's