Lo-jack?

Outsource

I use to install lo-jack trackers. They are good, but just the same as onstar they can be disabled by those who know what to look for. As with any car/truck if in the first 24/48 hours they are not located they are usually gone.. Lo-jack corp. has what is called the early warning. This is a little key fab that the owner carrys with them and if the veheicle move more than six inches you are contacted, via, cell, e-mail, and home phone, or work phone. While you are trying to be reached the ride is being tracked. IF you confirm you are not driving this police are notified.

I use to install lo-jack trackers. They are good, but just the same as onstar they can be disabled by those who know what to look for. As with any car/truck if in the first 24/48 hours they are not located they are usually gone.. Lo-jack corp. has what is called the early warning. This is a little key fab that the owner carrys with them and if the veheicle move more than six inches you are contacted, via, cell, e-mail, and home phone, or work phone. While you are trying to be reached the ride is being tracked. IF you confirm you are not driving this police are notified.

Would you say that the" early warning" feature is worth it? I was also thinking of upgrading my alarm, which is the Clifford Responder, and adding the key pad which requires you to punch in a code. If the truck gets jacked, it will only run for a few seconds before the engine gets shut off.

I didn't want to hi-jack LBZRCKS post......and I really feel bad about his loss.

Has anyone installed Lo-jack on their truck?  This is the secind time I hear that Onstar is useless against someone who knows what they're doing.

Yeah I have it but not by my choice, when I bought my SS the dealer pre-installed it.

I have personally thought about it many times, but this is why I have insurance. You have to understand crime has not prejudice, if someone wants something bad enough they will get it.

Very true.

yeah but not everyone has insurance protection against the modifications. im probably going to get the clifford and then a back up battery and wire about 5 mini piezos all over the place.

I want to figure out how to hook up a generator to electrify the entire vehicle. That way if a thief touches it all that will be left is a pile of burnt dust.

As bad as it sucks, and I've had 2 vehicles stolen, an alarm will only stop amateur thieves. A pro will get it if they want it.

I have the early warning system on my truck..it works great! I tested it one day...and they contacted me like in 5 mins...But when it comes down to it..all you really need is a good kill switch in ur vehicle...If they cant start the vehicle, its not going nowhere! Ive been jacked several times with my other vehilces, its not gonna happen again..I have 3 different types of wheels locks on my wheels...just trying to make it hard for a thief..even more the guys that rotate my wheels..lol! :nono:

post-9066-1160664897_thumb.jpg

i know that Viper has a tracking system that can be monitor from any laptop, Including current speed, Location and engine shutdown feature... Thinking about istalling in my truck when I get some extra money...