The results are in...

Dylan06SS

Final results from dyno tuning at Van Gordon & Brown racing today

348 HP and 391.5 FT/LBS AT THE REAR WHEELS!!

Not too shabby for a guy with only an intake and exhaust. Its a whole different beast now... its amazing how much they were able to squeeze out of this thing.

If anyone is looking for an AMAZING dyno tuning shop in the So Cal area you need to hit Van Gordon & Brown Racing in Claremont. No AWD unfortuneatly... but for the 2wd guys this is the place IMO.

I'm gonna go drive around some more... its like getting a whole new vehicle

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Nice numbers man! I cant believe they squeezed that much torque out of it. What were your baseline numbers? looks like you gained something like 15-20HP and 20-25ft-lbs of torque if my guesstimations are correct!

Can the do tuning on the street for the AWD dudes?

i wonder why they have it marked as 5200 lbs?? i know it doesent weigh that. do they do street tuning also? did they have a wideband hooked up?

Nice numbers man!  I cant believe they squeezed that much torque out of it.  What were your baseline numbers?  looks like you gained something like 15-20HP and 20-25ft-lbs of torque if my guesstimations are correct!

Can the do tuning on the street for the AWD dudes?

They do street tuning... as a matter of fact the guy who did all my work (Scott Brown) Owns an 04 Silverado SS that he tweaks pretty regularly as well as a brand new Z06... which apparently with multiple pulls he has only been able to get an extra 9hp out of... basically that car was pretty much dead-nuts on from the factory.

I let Scott know there would be a fair amount of guys from the area interested in talking to him... I mentioned both of your guys trucks in particular. Just give him a call @ 909-626-5232 and let him know Dylan ("the guy with the SS trailblazer") referred you. Its around $400 for a complete tune on the dyno... not sure if the rates are different for a street tune.

http://www.vangordonracing.com/

On a side note... true to their form the assholes have already started to show their heads on TrailblazerSS.com... I don't even know why I bother posting anything over there. :shakehead:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Word... I just don't get the arrogance and general bad attitude over there considering it is our "sister site". I decided that I'm done over there... that will be my last post... **** em IMO.

I'm saving the engine cover pics until its back on the truck... I should have it back next week.

On a side note... true to their form the assholes have already started to show their heads on TrailblazerSS.com... I don't even know why I bother posting anything over there.  :shakehead:

:withstupid: I was very dissapointed with the forum over there ... I occassionally browse just incase something somewhat techincal comes out of it ... but I wouldn't trust anything they come up with though ... I have a certain comfort level with the info I get from this site.

On a side note... true to their form the assholes have already started to show their heads on TrailblazerSS.com... I don't even know why I bother posting anything over there.  :shakehead:

:withstupid: I was very dissapointed with the forum over there ... I occassionally browse just incase something somewhat techincal comes out of it ... but I wouldn't trust anything they come up with though ... I have a certain comfort level with the info I get from this site.

I shot Mervz a PM today about how a lot of people are starting to feel about that forum, I know he doesn't have the time to be on there all the time, so I doubt hes aware of how things go on there. I for one don't plan on going on there anymore... its just to aggrivating. :mad:

On top of all the attitude ... it doesn't seem like anyone over there has much to offer in the way of technical advice. There are a handful of people throwing out some advice ... but on the whole it seems like a highschool class. Kids are b.s.ing with each other, and the topics are all mindless jibber jabber.

• 2 weeks later...