Tranny Parts Questions..

so i was reading around and i cant remember who wrote it but they advised when u do ur tranny upgrades i.e shift kits, TBTC's, 2nd &4th gear servos you should also add

- Drilled Seperator Plate

- 1-2 Aluminum Accumulator W/ Aluminum Pistion

whata these parts for...do they make a difference...of just add to the longtivity of the tranny..?

The shift improver kit comes a new 1-2 accumulator; it will include washers to reduce the volume of oil held in the accumulator and give a harder 1-2 "attack" as well as a replacement piston.

The replacement separator plate IS NOT included in a shift improver kit, but highly recommended. First, several passages come pre-drilled, but you can do this on your existing plate. But the biggest reason for the aftermarket separator plate is that it will be a tad thicker as well as stronger alloy of metal and that way the ball bearing check valves will not pound-out the stock plate with repeated use at the increased pump pressures.

Mr. P.

The shift improver kit comes a new 1-2 accumulator; it will include washers to reduce the volume of oil held in the accumulator and give a harder 1-2 "attack" as well as a replacement piston.

The replacement separator plate IS NOT included in a shift improver kit, but highly recommended.  First, several passages come pre-drilled, but you can do this on your existing plate.  But the biggest reason for the aftermarket separator plate is that it will be a tad thicker as well as stronger alloy of metal and that way the ball bearing check valves will not pound-out the stock plate with repeated use at the increased pump pressures.

Mr. P.

Man Mr P...What Dont U Know....thanx alot...!

The replacement separator plate IS NOT included in a shift improver kit, but highly recommended.  First, several passages come pre-drilled, but you can do this on your existing plate.  But the biggest reason for the aftermarket separator plate is that it will be a tad thicker as well as stronger alloy of metal and that way the ball bearing check valves will not pound-out the stock plate with repeated use at the increased pump pressures.

Mr. P.

I think I saw something on tv the other week about ball bearings made out of a meterial like rubber or something. I think it was on speed week. Do you know what I'm talking about mrp? I know the material wasn't rubber but something of that nature that wouldn't push through the plate.

I think I saw something on tv the other week about ball bearings made out of a meterial like rubber or something. I think it was on speed week. Do you know what I'm talking about mrp? I know the material wasn't rubber but something of that nature that wouldn't push through the plate.

Those are included in the Zippy (Superior) Shift Kit

• 7 years later...