an interesting Ebay item

nice lookin truck :cool: but the bed rails aren't happening for me.

I made those from aluminum pipe, and powder coated the silver. They are removed by unplugging them from the bed stake holes. There are no drilled holes or fasteners securing them. The truck is a work vehicle not a pleasure ride. Need something there for protection. A fiberglass bed cover wont work for me.

The stripes were done for me by a graphics guy in the warehouse nextdoor to mine. It was at no cost, since he needed the truck to pattern and photo for his ebay ventures. The stripes pop nicely, the photos really dont do justice for the metallic in the vinyl. The vinyl itself is 8 yr cast, and as thin as a layer of paint.

I made those from aluminum pipe, and powder coated the silver. They are removed by unplugging them from the bed stake holes. There are no drilled holes or fasteners securing them. The truck is a work vehicle not a pleasure ride. Need something there for protection. A fiberglass bed cover wont work for me.

The stripes were done for me by a graphics guy in the warehouse nextdoor to mine. It was at no cost, since he needed the truck to pattern and photo for his ebay ventures. The stripes pop nicely, the photos really dont do justice for the metallic in the vinyl. The vinyl itself is 8 yr cast, and as thin as a layer of paint.

how much did that run you to do the bed rails? That would be perfect for when I go dirt biking cause somehow I always end up with new scratches or dents on the top of the bed rail from equipment and crap

Fox- I had a couple of hundred in the material and powdercoat, and about 4 hours labor in bending, welding and sizing the UHMW inserts to fit the stake holes. My business is in towers and t-tops for boats, bending the alum pipe and welding is a breeze. There are similar on the market, but I just dont like the look of them or how they mount.

Jon- the way they are layed out, they follow the body lines 4" . They look better in person. The pics for ebay were intentionally shot at odd angles to add to the difficultyto make duplications.

i wonder if he could make a vinyl that went all the way from the bottom front bumper across the color matched front, across the hood, the cab, and then came down the tailgate and rear bumper. i see that on dodges alot and i like it. i dont know how this would come out on a silverado ss....interested though. can anyone photoshop that??

i wonder if he could make a vinyl that went all the way from the bottom front bumper across the color matched front, across the hood, the cab, and then came down the tailgate and rear bumper. i see that on dodges alot and i like it. i dont know how this would come out on a silverado ss....interested though. can anyone photoshop that??

Some one had that a long time ago, I'll see if I can find it by searching.

Hey matt this should be your next mod. :cheers:

2093793_21_full.jpg2093793_22_full.jpg

\

that does look real sweet and I need to do something about the piss poor finishing that gaylords did. I do believe that johns stripes are painted ? anyone know for sure. Now You got me toying with that idea. maybe a little darker almost ghost in appearance.