Tranny cooler install today

After my tranny has taken a sh!t a couple of times even with it beefed up, I decided to get a bigger cooler....yeah...much bigger. 30000gvw cooler to be specific. Real easy and quick. Took some pics from the camera phone because I have no clue where the digital is at. I will probably get a fan to put in there in the future but at least now I am seeing about a 40 degree drop in temps. post-4636-1160857641.jpg

post-4636-1160857661.jpg

After my tranny has taken a sh!t a couple of times even with it beefed up, I decided to get a bigger cooler....yeah...much bigger. 30000gvw cooler to be specific. Real easy and quick. Took some pics from the camera phone because I have no clue where the digital is at. I will probably get a fan to put in there in the future but at least now I am seeing about a 40 degree drop in temps. post-4636-1160857641.jpg

i just got my Tru-Cool tranny cooler in...i wanted to install it myself but i opened the box ans saw all this sh*t.....is it more complicated than it looks..? i thought i was just transfering the hoses....where do i start..?

BYN

wow its been a day...no one to chime in..lemme know..!

BYN

it isnt that easy ey ey. you will need to cut hard lines and either make new ones or rebend the old ones. good luck with out the proper tools. im sure that's not the help you were looking for but that's the honest truth.

wow its been a day...no one to chime in..lemme know..!

BYN

it isnt that easy ey ey. you will need to cut hard lines and either make new ones or rebend the old ones. good luck with out the proper tools. im sure that's not the help you were looking for but that's the honest truth.

oh that easy enough "R Kid" i have the right tools...its already on...but thatx for your info...

BYN

Simple man. Did it in 2 hours including getting parts I needed. If you mount it where I did and have a radix even better because I am not sure how the mounts are without the heat exchanger. Anyway, Get 1/2 female fittings to fit the line that came in you kit. Disconnect the hard lines from the bottom of the tranny cooler. 2 3/4 wrenches I believe. A bit of fluid will seep out but don't worry. Put the fittings on the hard lines and route your hose to the cooler. You might haveto get some metal and make other brackets but I am not sure. I just cut the supports that came with the kit and drilled bigger holes.

FYI....NEVER BEND OR CUT THE HARD LINES ON YOUR TRUCK!!!! :nono:

Simple man. Did it in 2 hours including getting parts I needed. If you mount it where I did and have a radix even better because I am not sure how the mounts are without the heat exchanger. Anyway, Get 1/2 female fittings to fit the line that came in you kit. Disconnect the hard lines from the bottom of the tranny cooler. 2 3/4 wrenches I believe. A bit of fluid will seep out but don't worry. Put the fittings on the hard lines and route your hose to the cooler. You might haveto get some metal and make other brackets but I am not sure. I just cut the supports that came with the kit and drilled bigger holes.

FYI....NEVER BEND OR CUT THE HARD LINES ON YOUR TRUCK!!!! :nono:

thanx for the 411 P-Toy...appreciate it..!

BYN