buying an SS!... isthis a good deal?

dgi

Drove one today... i'm hooked. Its a 2003 model with 50K miles. It has the spray in bed liner as well as a hydraulic soft tonneau cover. The dealer wanted $24,995 but i got him down to $25,7xx out the door.

What are you guys paying for your cars? I'm in Baltimore, MD. I have friends that are dealers and can get me into Manheim auto auction, but i question how many of these trucks will be up there and if there is a high demand for them. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I pd 25K for my 03 without the bedliner and tonneau 1 1/2 years ago with 25k miles on it. I can't remember the final price. The dealer should be able to do a little better...although the cost of living in your area is probably a lot higher than here.

Dave

sorry, the sticker was for ~$25K... i got them to drop the price to $25,7xx out the door (taxes and tags included) which only really equates to about $750 off sticker.

I'm gonna work on them tomorrow when they call... they should be able to do better. Its GM certified so if they were to include a 100K mile warranty, or even a 75K mile warranty, for that price i think i'd jump on it.

What are others paying?

This truck is an 03 right well if unsure there is always the kelly blue book you can look at but I will tell you this I have an 06 Intimidator SS sticker $42,800 and I drove out the door tags title and sunroof put in for $31,373 thats only 6K more for a new one you may want to think about that... :thumbs:

I would hold off and have your friends check the Manheim auction, I deal with 3 locations in the midwest and have seen SSs running through. I checked the trade in value of mine on-line (Don't have ANY idea about how accurate that is but...) for an 03 w/ 50,000 I think it was anywhere from $12,000 to 18,000. I've been to several auctions and they almost always have some nice rides going through.

DW

Dealer called me today and said that they wanted me to swing by and talk more about the deal. I'm thinking i'll offer him $22k (before tax) if he throws in a 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty. From what i've seen on autotrader and other internet auto sites, thats a decent deal.

what do you guys think? Any techniques i could use?

offer him that, and if he doesnt like it he'll do everything he can to make it work. im a carsalesman so i have a lil insight on this one. he might not be able to include the warranty but he should get around that price. what we usually do on a used car is tac on about $3k of what we gave for it. for instance, we give a guy $20k on his trade, we then turn around and ask $23k-24k for. depending on how popular the car is...g/l and dont give up. threatin to leave if they wont work for you. or tell them u found a better deal somewhere else, but you'd like to work with them if they'll just be a lil flexible. just bs them...

i gave $22k for mine. 03 with 70k mi. bedliner, exhaust, and tune. and i got a 40k mi warranty tac'ed on as well.

Archived