Installed the Magnaflow x-pipe

tawss04

I recently installed the Magnaflow x-pipe on my truck. I aready had the pacesetters w/o cats and the flow-pro dual in/out muffler (was on the truck when I bought it). It had a slight drone to it when cruising, nothing the radio could not take care of. After I put the x-pipe in and I did notice it accelerates alot smoother and seems to run better, but now it has a LOUD drone at 50/55mph. On take off it has a little drone but just about goes away when cruising under 50mph like it had before, 50/55mph it sucks, 60mph and faster cruising, you cant even hear it. What sucks is alot of my driving is around 50/55mph around town. There is a noticable difference in the tone on a hard accel and sounds great. I installed it right under the cab behind the cross-member. I think I'm gonna have to live with it for now, I do want to put Magnaflows on but need wait till I get some spare change :D

Hay tim i put my x almost in the same place but i have a dual in out magnaflow and dont notice much drone very impressed with the sound and the pic-up. Hopefully i'll be up that way soon and you can check it out. By the way i put 2 3inch high flow cats on maybe that has something to do with it.

Tim -

I just put my Magnaflow's back on, and added an x-pipe...and it quited things with respect to the drone (as compared to before with the Magnaflows and no x-pipe).

Must be your muffler(?)...or the combo of the headers and exhaust as compared to mine with no headers.

- Brian

Tim -

I just put my Magnaflow's back on, and added an x-pipe...and it quited things with respect to the drone (as compared to before with the Magnaflows and no x-pipe).

Must be your muffler(?)...or the combo of the headers and exhaust as compared to mine with no headers.

- Brian

Yea thats what I was thinking, its actually coming in at 1600/1700rpm's. I do want to switch the Magnaflows.

Archived