wax and polish

thats a loaded question :crackup:

wax is a protectant, it goes over the paint to provide a sheild from the elements. Wax tends to have a silicone or carnuba wax base that does provide a deep shine, but it offers very little in the way of long term protection. Heat breaks it down quickly just like any 'wax' (think candle in the sun on a summers day)

polish is compound that chemically or abbrasively takes a layer off to even the surface out... it can be made of any number of materials.

IMO the best thing to do is get a multi-step process (polish and sealer) and the 2 that are the most popular around here are Zaino and DER. I'm a bigger fan of DER, but both do about the same thing.

Heres the writeup I did on using DER, trust me... you won't be disappointed with the results :cool:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13451

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

I will vouch for Dylan's comments on DER. I started using this stuff when I lived in Orange County; it was a biggie for the Mercedes and BMW crew down there (for those of you who have never been to Orange County, you don't refer to anything as a Mercedes or BMW there unless it sells for $80K+). Anyway, I have used the entire line for seven years and have never found anything close. Their leather and vinyl products are excellent as well, and their spray cleaner for "in-between" washes can't be beat!

By all means follow Dylan's method with the DER. I did and I am a firm beleiver/user now. Dont skip the Clay Bar step! Thats what made it POP!

Dont forget Dylan is the Detailing Savant....so take his word as gospel.

Barney

By all means follow Dylan's method with the DER. I did and I am a firm beleiver/user now. Dont skip the Clay Bar step! Thats what made it POP!

Dont forget Dylan is the Detailing Savant....so take his word as gospel.

Barney

:crackup: My wife always says I think I'm a God... now I have proof :jester: